The Farmhouse

Warning: This chapter has descriptions of kissing, and they are probably awful because I've never kissed anyone.

The turtles and humans released me, all speaking in rapid unison. Mostly "When did you wake up?" "Does anywhere hurt?" "Dudette, you lost your eye!" I think we all know who said that last line.

"Not to long ago, everywhere hurts, and Mikey, I am aware that I lost and eye." I said, looking around; "Where are we? Where Sir- SIRUS! WHERE'S SIRUS?!" I asked, suddenly looking around rapidly.

"Calm down, calm down, we're at April's farmhouse, and Sirus is out with Master Splinter walking Hunter." Donnie said. "Huh..." I mumbled as I looked around. The leaves where scarlet red, sunset orange, and golden yellow. "How.... how long was I out for?" I asked, picking a leaf out of one of the two piles by the stairs. "Um... a month?" Casey estimated.

The information set in slowly. Everything was still for a solid minute. "Um, hey Aja, wanna see the barn? I made it into my lab." Donnie said, gently grabbing my less damaged wrist and guiding me to the barn.

The inside had dozens of machines, and the desk against the far corner was littered with scraps, tools, and blueprints. I was looking over a blueprint when large, three fingers hands grabbed my waist. I turned around as Donnie pressed his lips to mine gently, pulling away after a second. "I was worried...." He mumbled before kissing me again, this time longer. "We didn't know when you'd wake up..." He was back. "You were so burnt. You didn't heal as fast." Stop pulling away, damnit. "I think it was the Hayflick lim-mpphh!" This time I cut him off by standing on my tippy toes and kissing him.

He lifted me gently amd set me on a clear corner of the desk, leaning forward with his palms pressing into the wood. My hands focused on learning the patter of his shell, his arms, and theendsof his bandana. "Aja! Aja!" A tiny voice yelled, and Donnie and I pulled away just in time to see the door open, Sirus standing there....

Only he wasn't standing. He was in a wheelchair.

And according to the doctors, he might stay in the wheelchair for the rest of his life.