Sensitivity

I sat awkwardly on the table as Donnie did a checkup on me, apparently more thorough than his previous ones since he now had the ability to test my reflexes and touch the rubbery skin of my hands and tail without feeling perverse.

The only problem was I was now aware of the touching, and it was oncomfortable. Axolotls have sensitive skin, and don't like being handled much. I guess I have that trait now, too.

"So.... Any clue why I always left to go swimming?" I asked Donnie, referring to my apparent sleepwalking. "Not really. Considering you claim to work with axolotls, I assumed you knew." He said, taking a measurement of my height.

"Hm, well, to be healthy axolotls are supposed to be in the water twenty-four seven. Since I am still at least half human, I probably don't need to swim that much, but I might still require moisture to be comfortable." I theorized. My skin was getting itchy just thinking about how dry it was.

"Oh, that's actually really interesting. I consider myself a man of science, but I've never really immersed myself in zoology, other than to learn what behaviors we might have carried on from when we where normal turtles." Donnie said, poking my tail.

I flinched and the appendage reflexively moved away from Donnie. "Oh, sorry!" He said, retracting his hands. "It's... fine. It's just difficult to get used to having a tail." I said.

"I can imagine. My brother's and I have tails like you and Master Splinter, but they're next to impossible to step on."