Life

Warning: This chapter has gory implications and violence. Do not try this at home. Also, the picture above is the puppy, comment names you want me to give him.

A couple days after I got the puppy, they guys where hanging out at my place. It was pretty calm, until Mikey suggested we play the finger game.

"The what?" Raph asked. "It's basically where you spread your fingers and stab the space between them, getting faster as you go." I explained. "That sounds incredibly stupid." Leo said. "It is. Some guy in college tried to play it. He cut off his pinkie." I said, sipping chardenay. "We aren't doing that." Donnie said, taking the knife from Mikey.

"Wait, you've been through college?" Leo asked me. "Yeah, technically still am, I'm doing online classes." I said. "How old are you exactly?" Leo asked. "Sixteen, same as Donnie. Just skipped a few grades." I said. "You're sixteen, and yet you're living on your own and drinking alcohol as we speak." Leo said, swiping the bottle away from me. "Yeah." I said, trying to get it back.

"What about your parents?" Mikey asked, playing with my still unnamed puppy. "Eh, I think my mom's somewhere somewhere in Porte Rico, I think." I said, grabbing the bottle with my tail and sitting back down. "Wha- why aren't they here?" Raph asked, "You're barely able to drive and yet your parents aren't even in the country!"

"Yeah, well, not everyone cares for their kids like Splinter does." I said with a shrug. "And since they can go literally anywhere in the world, they decided to be across the ocean." I answered. "That's child neglect!" Donnie said. "That's my life, Don, and they've done far worse." I said. They looked like they were about to ask questions when Leo's Tphone rang. "Ah, Splinter wants us home, we have to go." He said. "This conversation is not over young lady!" Raph said as they climbed out my window.

"It most certainly is." I said to the puppy.

I walked back to my room to get changed, closing the curtains with a swish. I pulled up my shirt and saw a jagged, pink scar stretching across my body, ribs to waist over my belly. I remembered the pain and the fear and the feeling of blood pouring from my body that night.

"Yeah, they've done much, much worse in their lives, amd in mine..."