Threatened Peace

The turtles and I each gave our own versions of the story, describing the fishpeople and the threat they may pose as best we could while Sirus sat on my lap. Then after a long pause of silence, Sirus spoke up, standing on my knees with his hands on the table.

"I have an idea!" He said, waving a tiny hand around. "Hm. What is it, kid?" Raph asked. "Okay, these are fish, yeah? So what is we get a big old fishing net, catch all the fishy folk in it, and send it to the moon!" He said, and I had to suppress a chuckle. "Um, Sirus, great plan, but how about we make it plan.... Z?" Leo asked, setting him back down. "Okay! Just a thought." He said. "It was a very nice thought." I said, patting his head.

"We don't know anything about these mutants though." Karai said. "They might not actually be mutants though." I said. "What do you mean?" Slash asked. "Um, you guys know the theory of fish becoming tetrapods, and the tetrahedron eventually evolving into humans, right?" I asked, twiddling with my fingers. "Of course." Donnie said. "What is it was a very specific group of tetrapods, and while half of them went on land to become humans, the other half stayed behind I the ocean to become the fish people, or evolved just enough to be considered humanoid before returning to the sea. The theory of the, being mutants is still possible, of course, but the idea of fishpeopledates way to far back to have anything to do with mutagen." I theorized, turning red.

"It's the first plausible theory I've heard tonight." Donnie said, and Dr. Rockwell nodded in agreement. "Hmmm.... Aja, you know more about the ocean than any of us. Did you notice anything the other night?" Leo asked.

"Several things." I said, taking out a notebook. "Care to share?" Raph asked. "Okay. The first thing I noticed is they bore a resemblance to Melamphaidae, or the Ridgehead, a deep sea fish. They can be found everywhere except for the Arctic Ocean ans Mediterranean sea. They also have sharp fins and live 500 to 1000 meters below sea level, making them difficult for commercial fishers to catch. Their natural predators are albatross, and giant squids. Another thing is as the fight wore on, they seemed to have difficulty moving. Maybe they can't breathe abovewater too long, or they dry out. The last thing was they seemed to completely dissappear after they brought Donnie under, so maybe they have a base somewhere. A sort of Atlantis, I suppose." I said.

"So these things could have been around for centuries?!" Mondo asked. "Not centuries. Millenia. Since humans began oral storytelling, at least." I said. "But that means they might listen to reason." Karai said. "It might also mean they're super pissed about pollution, and won't calm down until it's all gone, in which case we are royally screwed." Slash said.