An Ally?

We sat in the basement staring at a fishperson tied to a chair. Karai and Leatherhead had brought them as a captive, and everyone else was upstairs discussing interrogation plans. I will not lie, sitting between a woman who held a knife to me and an eight foot tall alligator made me nervous, but I tried not to show it.

The fishperson woke up and stared at us with large, watery eyes. I tensed up and Leatherhead went to get the turtles. Nonono, can't Karai go? I wondered, uncomfortable with being alone with the stabby snake woman.

The turtles came in, thankfully, and we began to question him. He said his name was Gilroy, (a poor choice on his parents part,) and that the fish people that tried to drown Donnie, stab Sirus, and set me on fire, was a group of insurgent citizens, led by an exiled military general. Fishpeople who thought they deserved both land and sea went to overthrow the land. Gilroy came over on orders from his council to ally with us to bring the rebels to justice. Fishy, scaly, justice.

"Do we believe him?" Mikey asked, sitting n the living room while Splinter guarded the Fishperson. "I mean, it makes some sense. They're from the deep sea, and haven't been discovered yet. If they wanted to be on land, they could have done so centuries ago, but a rebel group came, and they want to shift the balance." I summarized.

"And it would help to have more allies who can stay underwater for long periods of time." Leo said, leaning on a wall. "But what if he's lying?" Raph asked. "It could be a trap dudes." Mikey said. "He isn't lying." April said. "How do you know?" Sirus asked, sitting on my lap. "April can read minds if she tries." Casey said like it was no big deal! Let's just say Sirus and I sat in uncomfortable silence for the rest of the time because damnit, I would have liked to know that O'Neil!

Hey guys, I just want to thank you for reading the story, but it has over fourty chapters and is running pretty long, so I think I'll be writing the finale (and epilouge) soon. It'll tie up loose ends and end on a happy note, so don't worry. Thank you for reading, thank you for the support, and I hope you all liked it!