I'm scared...

Warning: This chapter mentions prison escape, infidelity, and attempted murder.

The turtles and I where hanging out on the roof of my building, Sirus sleeping on my lap. Donnie was reconnecting the wires in an old police scanner  when sudden static made me flinch. I leaned over Donnie and adjusted the dials silently until we got to an actual broadcast.

"Attention all units, prisoner 20140, incarcerated for attempted familicide, has escaped. Officers Marksmen and Somna are down. Suspect, otherwise known as Michaelis Abbran, is suspected to be en route to New York. Contact the family immediately to be on guard." The radio blared. I felt Sirus shaking, and glanced down to see him with wide, tear filled eyes. He began to quietly wail, getting steadily louder until I scooped him up, shushing him, patting his hair, and gently rocking back and forth.

"Is he okay?" Leo asked. I swallowed bile and shook my head. "No. No, things are not okay." I said softly as my brother clung to me. "Do you know who that was?" Donnie asked, placing a hand on my back. "Familicide is the act of killing family members. He tried to kill his family, and now that he's out, he's going to do it again." I mumbled as my vision blurred.

"Aja!" Raph exclaimed, shaking my shoulders, "Why are you so panicked?" He asked. "That man tried to kill his children. He tried to kill Sirus and I. He stabbed me in the stomach several times, and left permanent scarring. And now he's out and heading to New York." I explained, tears filling my eyes.

"So he's...." Donnie said, knowing the story. "He's Sirus and I's dad."

We relocated to the living room. We sat in stunned silence, staring at the scanner. Even Hunter sat forlorn and silent. "Sirus, go back to your room and get ready for bed. I'll be there to tuck you in soon." I said, and he went down the hall. "He's going to try and finish it." I said when my brother couldn't hear.

"Why did he try to kill you dudes?" Mikey asked. "Our mother was.... less than loyal, and our dad had paranoid schizophrenia. When he learned our mother was cheating, he convinced himself Sirus and I weren't his. He flew into a rage and tried to kill us. I hid Sirus, but my mom was blinded in one eye, and I got stabbed."