Dead Calm

I was hanging out at the lair, watching the turtles and April train in ninjitsu, and Casey standing to the side drinking something foul smelling. I thought it was going well, until a shuriken almost hit my leg.

"Ya-me!" He yelled as I inched away from the metal. "My sons, April, in a battle you must be sure you never injure an ally, no matter how youranger blinds you!" Splinter said, picking up the star between two fingers and examining it. "Sorry Sensei, I threw it." Raph admitted. "It's fine, Raph, no harm no foul." I said with a smile. "Hm. It wouldn't really matter anyway. What's the use of a mutant who can't fight?" Casey asked. Was this cave-mouthed Jason Voorhees wannabe hammered?

"I could probably beat you, ice-for-brains." I bet with a smirk. "Hm. Try me, Princess Peach." He said: Leo was about to interrupt when Splinter interrupted. "Enough! Casey, since you seem so,assured you can beat Aja, how about you two duel?" Splinter said, and the ninja cleared, making a circle.

Casey, ever impatient, dove at me, aiming to hit my with his hockey stick. I dodged, obviously. He was so slow. I right hooked him before elbowing his jaw and kneeing his stomach. He grunted a d too, something from his pocket. Whatever it was, he threw it on my eyes, and they stung and watered.

I cried in pain and shock before getting hit with a stick. I caught myself before I hit the floor, landing on all fours. Calm yourself, Aja. The pain faded and I became aware of rushed footsteps, heavy breathing, and the sound of air parting. I thought: This is second nature. I tripped Casey and took a somewhat defensive stance as I heard him recuperate. When he was up I went for it, high kicking and hitting his face. I landed on my other foot and kicked again, my heel digging into the ground before my tail lashed and slapped Casey.

"Hajime!"

I heard a thud and someone stood up. "C'mon Aja, let's get that ink out of your eyes." Donnie said, guiding me gently. "Thanks, Donnie." I said after he cleaned the ink from one of my eyes. "How did you do that?" He asked. "Which part?" I inquired. "How did you fight Casey without your sight?" He restated. "I found out the other night that the mutation gave me better hearing and sense of smell, which makes sense since Axolotls are almost completely blind." I said as he gently wiped dark ink from my other eye.

"Interesting. And how's your vision now?" He asked. "Just fine, Donnie. Thanks for helping me out. I didn't realize Jones had the same fight or flight instincts as a squid. The only difference is squids are smarter and much better looking."

"Amen to that!"