Theater Kid

I was reading the small print of Sirus' script when the window opened, and a group of tired turtles came in. "Hey Aja, hope you don miiiiiiii hi. You look.... wow." Donnie said, glancing over me. I turned pink, seeing as I had done my hair and worn something a bit.... let's say looser. But to be fair it was so hot Sirus' school got let out early.

 But to be fair it was so hot Sirus' school got let out early

"Thanks. So how was patrol?" I asked the turtles, sorting through the script. "Good. What're all those papers?" Leo asked, leaning over my shoulder.

"A script. Sirus' school is having a play, and Sirus got the lead role, so I'm helping him practice." I said with a proud smile.

"Cool! Hey, little dude, do you mind acting a scene out for us?" Mikey asked, plopping down beside me. "Um... Ajie, can I wear the costume?" He asked me.

"Sure, Sirus." As my little brother ran back to get changes, the turtles all sank into the couch and chairs, waiting. "So what's the play?" Raph asked, swiping the script. "Wicked. It's like, the precursor for The Wizard of Oz." I explained.

"Oh, so Sirus is the wizard?" Raph assumed. "Not quite." I said with a chuckle as Sorus came out, wearing a black dress and a witches hat. "He's Elphaba." I said, helping him tie the back of the costume.

"Everyone deserves a chance to fly!" He quoted, waving a little wand around.

"Isn't the witch a girl?" Mikey asked. "Normally, yes, but Sirus wanted to be the witch, so he auditioned, amd is now the witch. And he makes for a very good one too." I said, adjusting the hat on his head.

"But- does the play not have male roles?" Raph asked. "It does, Sirus just didn't want to play them. There's nothing wrong with him being Elphaba, either."

"Yeah, in Shakespeare's time, t was common for all parts, including female ones, to be played by men." Donnie defended.

"Including the first plays featuring Romeo and Juliet." I replied, gently guiding the wand away from Mikey's eye.