Experiments And Accidents

I sat in Donnie's lab, mixing chemicals to help him make another experimental smokebomb. I reached for a container of Ammonia and felt something touch my hand before Donnie jolted away, falling off his chair.

Three things happened in the span of a second: 1- I stood to make sure Donnie was okay. 2- Nitroglycerin splashed onto a Bunsen burner. 3- I threw myself onto Donnie as it went off.

~Donnie p.o.v~

When the chemical hit I braced for impact and felt a weight settle on me. The force threw me and whatever was on top of me against the wall. "Donnie? Is everything okay in there?!" Leo yelled in, unconcerned for the moment. "Ugh, I thi..." I sat up, rubbing my head, and saw Aha, unconscious and covered in bleeding burns. Her arm.... oh god, her arm was gone.

"No! Mikey, don't let Sirus in here! I need the first aid kit and IV, NOW!" I shrieked, laying Aja on the medical table. Raph came in with the medical supplies and saw Aja. I took the IV and put it in her uninjured arm.

I worked in a flurry, wrapping bandages and stitching her injuries. I was cleaning the blood and soot off her severed arm when I noticed something. The bleeding had already stopped, and her bone seemed to be growing back like an icecicle, getting longer until it was the correct size.

Her hand was back, impossibly, in a skeletal structure, and muscles, nerves, tendons and flesh stitched over the marrow. We all stared in shock as her limb reassembled, leaving only a silvery, jagged scar where her arm was separated.

"I- how?" April asked. Something licked in my mind and went to my computer, tapping away. "The axolotl has the ability to regenerate complete limbs regardless of site of injury along the limb axis." I read, looking between the computer and the girl.

Suddenly she groaned and sat up, rubbing her head before staring at the wrecked lab, our shocked faces, and the new scar on her upper bicep.