Heal

Donnie ave me a checkup, examining my burns and rewrapping my bandages. "I think the reason you healed so quickly the first time was because it was the triggering incident for your healing ability, and due to the extent of the damage your natural systems began to heal your vitals first." Donnie explained, rewrapping my eye.

"I figured that out, sort of." I said, and he pecked the area above my eye. "It's amazing, how effective your healing is, but you still need time for your body to repair itself." He warned me. "Yes, Donnie, I know what the Hayflick limit is." I said, rubbing his head and kissing his cheek. "So clever..." He mumbled, hugging me.

We left the barn and Sirus pulled me over, showing me a chicken coop. The wheels squealed against the grass, and I bit my lip. He seemed so... happy, though. He gave all the chickens cute little names and they flocked around him as he fed them. The chicks chirped and I scooped one up. They cheeped and sat down, their fluffy, downy feathers tickled.

"Aawww!" I cooed, eyes widening.

After Sirus showed me around the farm, we went back inside and Sirus told me we'd be sharing a room. "Where's Mom been?" I asked him, remembering. "The city. She's been updating us on the Kraang, and Dad, and all the other monsters and stuff." He replied. It made me a little sad, hearing him call Dad a monster.

He was, but it was still upsetting.