Gone

Time passed and my wounds healed slowly. Eventually my eye healed and it was good to not have a big old blind spot. "Strange. The area around your eye got covered in the same pink flesh as your hands." Donnie said, rubbing the pink skin above my cheekbone.

"Hmm.... So when I regenerate large parts of my skin, instead of human skin, it's axolotl skin." I said, shortly kissing him. "Mm-hm! Although it looks cute. Like pink vitilgo." He said, smiling. I saw his gap tooth and my heart melted a little bit. He was so dorky and cute! "We should head inside. The rain's gonna get heavy soon." I said, hearing the taptaptap of rain get more frequent on the roof.

We rushed from the barn to the farmhouse and saw everyone sitting around a lit fireplace. I shuddered at the crackling red light and moved behind Donnie. "Aja is something wrong?" Mikey asked me. "Everything's fine." I said in a shaky voice. "We where just gonna tell scary stories!" Casey exclaimed.

We told spooky stories until Sirus got too scared and started crying. We called it a night and I carried Sirus upstairs, laying him down in his bed. We went to sleep as thunder crashed.

I woke up later to howling. The moon was out but the rain hadn't stopped. I guess the clouds where thin. I opened the door and walked through the dim hallway. I heard something in the bathroom. I knocked on the door and didn't hear a response; I opened the door and saw the window open, rain streaming through and hitting the cold linoleum. I stepped in the chilly puddle and closed the window, water flowing down my arms.

I used a towel to wipe up the water before walking away. I walked past the room Donnie and Mikey where in, the door wide open. I peered in and saw Mikey wasn't there.

He wasn't in the bathroom, obviously, he wasn't in the kitchen or living room, and he wasn't in the basement. I assumed he wasn't outside with the lightning. I peered into the other rooms, and Mikey wasn't there. I got a little anxious and went to my room, picking up Sirus as he slept. I pushed the door to Leo and Raph's room with my hip. I covered Sirus's eyes and flicked in the light with my tail. The older turtles groaned and sat up. "Aja? What's wrong?" Leo asked, rubbing his eyes. "Mikey's gone. Nowhere in the farmhouse." I whispered.

"What?!" They asked loudly.