So We Meet Again

1413 YT

"Guess who I ran into at the market?" Curvo growls barging into the sunroom. He sits across from me and then immediately gets up. Oh, now he's riled up. When he can't sit still you know he's dealing with something. And it's not good.

Curvo growls deeply as he begins to pace the length of the room. Here we go. I set my book open-faced in my lap. Well isn't he flared up? He's acting like Mori in a fit. And that is not always a good thing.

Gingerly I ask who.

"The female from the market in formanos,"

Oh. Her. She's a delight. Only once you get past the thorns. She's a great mix of her parents. Lord Aramo and Lady Mastinde raised her well. "You ran into Eathinel?"

"Right, Eathinel,"

"Iluvatar must be playing at something," Oh no. He's getting religious on me. Not today. Not ever. Never coming from Curvo's mouth. Turca certainly but Curvo? No.

"Why?"

"I ran into her again," Curvo growls. He stops just a few feet in front of me. If I desired I could reach my leg out and kick him, but I don't need to rile up the bear. At least not any more than he already is. "Just like in formenos,"

Ah ha! He's agreed. It was his fault. "So you agree you ran into her not the other way around,"

Curvo groans. "Why do I bother talking to you,"

"Because Turca is hunting and you know he'd tease you much worse than I," Not to mention Ambarussa and Kana. It would be so much worse if they were here.

My brother gapes. Then nods his head. "What bothers me the most is she started to get angry but stopped when she realized it was me,"

"Ah," Of course she did. I assume Lord Aramo and Lady Mastinde had a thorough chat with their daughter. Especially after I explained what transpired in the market.

"Why was she nice?" Curvo begins pacing again. Oh, this will be fun. Too much fun. "She was so mean when we first met, why be nice now,"

"Curvo,"

"Curvo,"

"Curvo,"

"Atarinke,"

"What?" I give my profoundly smart and yet somehow dumb brother a look. Curvo thinks for a few moments. A wave of holy shit washes over Curvo's face. "She knows who I am,"

I scrunch my nose and nod.
_____

1419 YT

"What do you m—no stop," I whack Curvo's hand away from my drafting paper. "It's my project, not yours,"

Curvo grumbles, something about helping.

Likely.

More like he'll take over the project and use his way to "improve" it. Not today dearest brother. I like it the way it is and I plan to prove that it will work and look impeccable. Like all my creations in the smithy. Like, father.

Faintly I pick up on two sets of footsteps. They're coming towards us. Fun. One set is indefinitely Aule. There's no mistaking his rough pronounced treads. The other is...unknown to me. At the very least I haven't heard them properly.

"Ah young feanorians, I'd like to introduce you to my newest apprentice," With the great smith master is none other than Eathinel. Goody.

"You," Curvo sneers.

Eathinel sneers right back.

A laugh bubbles its way to the surface. I try to hold it back but I can't. It comes out. And it earns me glares from Curvo and Eathinel. Oh no. The horror. The horror of their glares is too much. I can't bear it any longer, I'll fade away. Ha. They are so alike.