36 - Friend to Rely On

It had been just a week since the altercation with Aizawa, the school recommended you take a few days off, as a way to recover properly. Especially with the sensitivity to your quirk, being in a fragile mental state in a school with the risk of blowing it up at any moment was not going to be taken lightly. The school even went as far as to provide a Quirk Control pharmaceutical, even though you took a strong dosage before that.

They were not going to risk anything.

And even if it was just a precaution, you couldn't help but feel like a threat to them. Something they were scared of. Something that had to be dealt with.

Aizawa's words kept you optimistic, trying often not to let the negative thoughts put you down.

"What you're doing now... is only making you weaker. And the more you convince yourself that you are the villain, the more you become one."

Aizawa's right. I need to stay positive.

For the few days you had just been in your room, your mother would bring you food and snacks, but most was left untouched, it was this morning when you glanced in the mirror that you noticed your cheekbones were becoming defined.

This day was the same as any other, you enjoyed the gentle warm shafts of the sun whilst you lay in bed. A gentle knock disturbed the afternoon peace.

Your mother glanced in, she looked worse than you. She had a lot more Grey hairs, and her eyes had rings darker than yours.

"May I come in, darling?"

You hummed your response without taking your eyes off the window, the weight formed on the bed indicated that she was sitting. You felt her hand brush your hair, softly and lovingly. You gently nudged her hand away.

She didn't speak for a while, you both just enjoyed the warmth of the glowing mid-day sun.

She broke the stillness first, "You're room is the best spot in the house. Perfect sunlight."

"Mmm.."

She paused, and her voice changed slightly. What she said was abrupt, you didn't expect it from her, who generally hated confrontation.

"(Y/n) I think you're suffering from depression. "

Your eyes peeled off of the scenery outside, the brightness caused a blind spot that stuck as you looked at your mother, you tried to blink it away.

"Honey, you need to eat. You haven't gotten out of bed in days."

"I know your teacher tried to help you, but this requires more extensive help, (Y/n). You need to talk to someone."

"No, I don't. I'm fine." You sighed as you turned back to the window.

"I'm worried about you, (Y/n). I've arranged an appointment for you to speak with a therapist. Her name is Dr. Nakari, she has a quirk that is supposed to bring peace and calmness to the mind and soul. She's very good."

"I don't want to talk to her about it, I just want to be alone please."

It was quiet for a long time, but then a series of sniffles broke the silence.

"Well, tough! I'm not going to sit here idly and watch you wither away (Y/n)! You're going whether you like it or not and that's final! Stop being so stubborn!" Her voice was loud but wobbly with emotion.

You turned over again, shocked to see your mother's eyes wide and glossy, big blobs of tears rolling down as she trembled.

"M-mom..."

"You're not the only one, (Y/n)! You're my daughter... and I couldn't protect you! I wasn't there! But I am now! And you're going to Dr. Nakari!"

You sat up now, watching cautiously as your mother continued to talk, " You're my baby girl! I know I'm not the best mother. Maybe not even a good one at all, but if I can help you in any way possible then, God dammit (Y/n), I will!"