5 - Bloody Tears

The lights shined brightly in the already dimmed auditorium, a massive television beamed brightly, causing some of the seated students to squint. The large room was covered in seats with people sitting on them, excitedly murmuring to one another. A large stage was located at the front of the room, atop was a podium with a shaded out silhouette behind it.

The man emerged from the darkness, the first thing to catch your eye was his obnoxiously tall and bright hair. His glasses, his outfit, even his smile was loud.

Present Mic...

"Welcome to my show today!"

Present Mic was a voice hero, his voice could reach extreme pitch and volume, you found him interesting but saw him too loud for your taste. Even though he wasn't your favourite hero, you felt excited to see him in person.

" Everybody say "hey!" "

Your vocals ringed slightly as you were about to respond enthusiastically to his cheer but you stopped yourself when realising the audience was silent. No one seemed to notice besides the tall man sitting next to you, you jerked your head down, trying to hide your slight embarrassment.

"What a refined response," he said shakily, brushing off his embarrassment seconds later.

"Then I'll quickly present to you the rundown of the practical exam"

"Are you ready?" he called out again. "Yeah!"

You stayed quiet, relieved you didn't attempt it again after hearing nobody cheer the second time. You felt bad for Present Mic.

You picked up a muttering voice of Izuku behind you, along with the irritated response of Bakugo's.

"You listeners will be conducting ten-minute mock urban battles after this!"

" You can bring whatever you want with you. After the presentation, you'll head to the specified battle centre, okay?"

You peered down at your assigned card, it had all your needed information including your name, previous high school, sex, your battlefield and the time of when the practical exam begins.

Present Mic continued," Three different types of faux villains are stationed in each battle centre."

The screen flashed the image of what looked like a video game. A city with a pixelated Present Mic, The actual Present mic explained the situation based on the faux villains and the point system, the entire time you felt your stomach tie knots.

The man who sat next to you bolted up in his seat, you yelped in fright by his sudden movement. The light shone down onto him, bringing attention to you as well. "In addition, you over there with the curly hair, You've been muttering this whole time. It's distracting!" You felt your hands become sticky with sweat, you felt like you were choking as everyone stared at you and your loud partner, you also felt embarrassed for Midoriya.

This guy's so loud, I wish he spoke to Midoriya privately.

You were quietly whispering and wishing for him to sit but he paid no attention to you as he bluntly accused the school of a mistake on the paper, you could tell it was about the fourth villain.

"The fourth type of villain is worth zero points. That guy's an obstacle."

"I recommend that you listeners try to avoid it."

The tall man bowed respectfully while thanking Present Mic, sitting down and acting as if that whole fiasco didn't happen.

" That's all from me!"

They all finished off by saying the school motto," Go Beyond, Plus Ultra!"

Later

You stood before the entrance of the big city, your hands shook uncontrollably as you faced the door.

What am I going to do? Am I really going to be enough to pass the test?

You glanced around to see a few students, A guy with bright blonde hair with a black lightning bolt print by the side of his hair, he seemed to be running from a pigeon. You looked in amazement as a girl created Russian nesting dolls from her arms. The short purple guy who bothered you before was there, now bothering an invisible girl.

You stretched your legs while trying to mentally calculate math problems in your head, which always helps you concentrate.

The gates opened to show a massive life-like city, at that moment people began to run, you stared for a few seconds before running to join them.

This was it, the battle...

The entire battle slipped past you in what feels like seconds, everything you tried to remember felt fuzzy. You're head throbbed in absolute pain and blood poured from your nose, ears and eyes. When you came back to your senses you found yourself collapsed in the middle of the battlefield.

Everyone was staring.

(Word count: 773)