17 - You Damn Nerd

Bakugo's perspective

We stood at the entrance of the building, All Might going over all instructions and a small set of rules via Lida's request. We entered the building together, now making it to our destination which contained the faux nuclear bomb.

"Go all out. Don't be afraid to get hurt." All Might remind.

Go all out. Don't be afraid to get hurt.
Please don't hurt Midoriya, Katsuki.

Hurt Midoriya
Don't hurt Midoriya

Midoriya tricked me.
Nomi was so upset.

Hurt.
Don't hurt.

Which should I choose? Grr... Dammit, Nomi!

I grid my teeth as my mind battled against what I should do, but as Midoriya hit my thoughts, my mind was made up.

He stood, clasping his hands, readying himself for battle.

I can't listen to you, (Y/N). I have to... I have to get payback for what that nerd has done to me!

We entered our section, the walls a pale white with multiple columns supporting the next floor, multiple lights were installed in series, making the room bright and visible.
The "Nuclear bomb" sat at the far end of the room, some clutter resting behind it. It looked like a typical bomb painted black with red stripes.

"Even if this is training, it pains me to become a villain," Lida spoke while walking up to the bomb and examining it.

"So our job is to protect this?"

He tapped it, it clacked softly.

"Hey!"

I didn't see him but I could tell Lida turned to face me.

"Deku has a quirk, right?"

He responded, "You saw that extraordinary strength, didn't you?"

I heard him shuffle, "It appears to carry a lot of risks, though..."

His words started to fade away as all I could hear was the humming of rage bubble up inside my head.

Midoriya Izuku... Did he dare trick me?

I grid my teeth, my legs and arms were desperate to kick and punch his pathetic face.

That damned nerd!

(Y/N) perspective

I stood anxiously waiting for the monitors to turn on. I could feel a headache emerging as my mind clamoured and whizzed of everything that could happen.

I don't want to fight you, Katsuki. But dammit if you kill my friend, I will do what I must. Even if that means I have to tell you something you haven't known all these years. I made that promise. That promise... To my father!

"Now let's start the indoor person-to-person combat training with Team A and Team D!" All Might announced using the intercom

The greenish slight-transparent screen finally popped up showing multiple cameras to some rooms all of them currently occupied. I noticed All Might fiddle with his ear, no sooner discovering it was a device he used.

I watched the screen anxiously as Izuku and Uraraka walked the halls for a bit, obviously cautious, waiting for Bakugo to emerge at any second.

And just a minute later, that is exactly what he did.

Bakugo's Perspective

Where is that damn nerd?

I walked the bare halls, leaving Lida to fend for himself while I searched for Deku. The walls were high and metallic, with multiple turns and rooms which could mislead anyone.