Chapter Seventeen - Closed Eyes Equals A Different Body

Narrator's POV

There was no denying the attraction between Y/N and Hajime.

They both knew what they wanted, and that kiss only confirmed it.

It wasn't that she didn't want it. Because fuck if she hadn't been thinking about it for a while. Thinking how it would be if Hajime was the one who got to call her mine and not Yuji.

However, despite all of this, she is still loyal to Yuji, even if he wasn't the first thing she thought about when Hajime's lips pressed against hers. Even though at the moment, all she did was press tighter into his body, hoping to erase all distance between the two when the thing she should be trying to erase is the people.

For what Hajime was seconds, for Y/N it was an eternity filled with pleasure and guilt before she pulled away.

She hated herself for it. Even if she knew Yuji had probably kissed more strangers' lips, she still felt her gut turn in disgust. That wasn't her. She had never cheated on Yuji, not even to get back at him. What was different about Hajime? Maybe it was the connection she felt with him despite being next to strangers. She likes Hajime, but if you ask her, she won't be able to tell her why. Is it because he cares about her? Takes care of her? Looks at her as the most precious thing in the world?

The question shouldn't be why she likes him. It's why he likes her? What does Y/N bring to the table beside her pretty face and body?

Yuji also knows how beautiful she is and he's pretty aware of all the men and women behind her. How could they not when she is a walking goddess? That's one reason why she likes keeping her around. It helps his ego knowing he can have what others so much desire but can't have.

And when he is having her under him, moaning his name, like right now it just reminds him of the power he holds above everyone. In a sense, she is a trophy and he is the one that gets to brag by holding her hand in public, by posting pictures together with a caption with hearts... by marking her with bites and bruises along her skin.

But even if he had her all to himself, Yuji is a greedy man and if he can have it all, why not take it all? He is aware she knows about his encounter with other women. He is sure she recognized the hickeys that she doesn't leave behind. However, every time he is unloyal, he does regret it because he truly loves her in his own twisted way, and he hates watching her sad at the thought of him with someone else. So if he loves her so much, why does he hurt her so much?

He isn't the only one using her though, because she can't leave him either. Maybe because she knows no one will ever stick around like he does or because of the familiarity or because she has assosiated Yuji with something else. Because Yuji makes her forget.

She can't lose the best thing she has: even if the best thing is trash.

That's why when she broke the kiss- the kiss that was the best thing she had at the moment - she ran to Yuji.

She caught him before he left and without any exchange of words, she took him to his room where she removed all their clothes. There was no retaliation from either party.

Even if Yuji had known the reason for the sudden desire, he wouldn't have said no.

But no matter how much Yuji touched her skin, kissed her, or thrusted, nothing could ever satisfy the void. Well, not if she closed her eyes, and instead of seeing Yuji, she imagined dark hair and olive green eyes.

She dug her nails into his body- which in her mind, even looked different: broader shoulders and more defined muscles.

And when she felt her walls contract and her tummy tight, the words just rolled out of her tongue like butter.

"Iwa~"

It was small and so, so low- maybe she didn't even say it out loud -but it hit like a truck.

If she did say it, Yuji didn't hear. He finished and lay on top of her. And with all his weight the realization hit too.

She was losing it and that was the last straw. However, she didn't want to let go of Yuji because even if it hurt, she wants him. Him and all his flaws.