Chapter Eleven - A Different Point of View

A/N: This chapter is kinda important, but not really. It's mainly a shameful promotion (Read the end note to find out!!!). Enjoy, it has smut :)

***The Day Before***

Kentaro's POV

The room suddenly goes dark. I don't feel scared, this is normal, it's almost a routine.

My eyelids flutter as I attempt to open them, but all I can see are the flashes of lights and his face. The first time I saw him before we entered the ring, I knew this was a lost fight, however, I didn't think it would end this badly. With me on the floor on the pick of unconsciousness. Can't really remember the last time I lost a fight this bad.

"Hey! It's over!" I hear Angel's voice from the static speaker.

He is the one that basically runs this shit. And even though no one has really seen his face and much less knows his real name, everyone pretty much respects him. The only thing we know is he is a high school student. The name of the school is a mystery, however, a lot of them think it's a low-class Karasuno student. Some also think it's some rich brat from Fukurodani that owns this abandoned house in the bad side of Miyagi.

Whoever it is, they have the whole prefecture of Miyagi eating from their hand. He doesn't just run the fights I participate in, his personal bitch is Towada Yoshiki.

Whoever the mysterious man is, I'm forever thankful for stopping this fight in particular.

I hear footsteps and voices of people asking for the money they won from their bets.

"Get up!" I hear another voice say, this one closer, then feel their arm under mine as they pick me up. My head halls forward then backward as the person drags me. Throughout this whole journey, my eyes stay shut no matter how hard I try to open them. It's a miracle I'm even awake, that is if you can call this awake.

The closer we get to the destined place, the air gets colder and feels thinner.

A door creaks open, and seconds after, I feel my body begin to fall and my face slaps the floor.

"Boss is mad, you haven't been making him a lot of money lately," The man says, "Told me to tell you to get your shit together or you ain't getting one cent." Once he is done talking, the door shuts behind him.

That was an inefficient threat, to be honest. I don't care about the money I make from these fights- which is kind of a lot, not going to lie.

I don't need the stupid money and it was never my main goal, even from the beginning.

Volleyball had become a bittersweet memory. I loved the sport but I couldn't help but remember him every time I touched the ball, and that made me so angry. I had the right to be angry at them but most of the time I didn't know what to do with all those emotions. I would sometimes hurt Y/N with words: I hate myself for it, but what really fucked me up was when I started to feel the urge to physically hurt her. She looked so fragile and I on the other hand felt so big, as if I could take on the world when the reality was I couldn't even fix our family.

That's when I started to distance myself from her.

I quit the volleyball team and began to do whatever the fuck I'm doing now. The fights help me re-direct all those emotions somewhere I won't regret. And the money is just an extra perk.

Once the dizziness stops, I stand up. The floor moves a little, not that bad though.

Somehow, I begin to walk, even with my head pounding and my legs aching in pain.