Chapter Thirty-Five - The Heartbreaker

Y/N's POV

I followed behind Hajime without him noticing. He walked down the stairs to the ground floor. Tha hallways down here smelled different, like brand new shoes. It was also hotter, or maybe that was only me.

From afar, I watched as the guards in the entrance stopped him. Hajime pulled the card attached to the string from his short's pocket, and the two security guards let him pass without further questions.

I waited for him to disappear when he made a right turn, then approached the guards. Part of me was hoping they would just let me pass. Sometimes I'm too confident for my own well being.

However as soon as the guards see I have no intent to stop or show them my ID, they close the pathway with their bodies.

"Identification?" One of them says. He is old, a shaved head, and a look on his face that says the world has already hit him enough times. It's not that he is tall or buff, anyone can easily outrun him, but it is unnecessary trouble. Plus, how far can I possibly get before they drag me out of the building.

"Ah, about that," I smile at the other guard. This one was younger, early twenties. He stares at me deeply, something I noticed the moment his eyes laid on me. I bat my eyelashes and play with a string of hair as I act shy and nervous. Guys always like that, "I forgot it inside, I'm the manager for Aoba Johsai."

I am wearing Kentaro's shirt and a pair of jeans, nothing remotely close to a player and muchless a manager whose uniform consists of a tracksuit.

I don't doubt this guard believes me, however, by the way his eyes shine and his mouth is slightly open, I know he will swallow without question any lie I tell.

"Well- Uhm..." He stutters.

"Fujii," The older guard sighs, and when his partner doesn't even attempt to look his way, he rolls his eyes and continues, "Listen, Miss., without an identification I can't let you in."

"Oh, really?" I glance at the two men. The older one stares intensely at his partner as if ordering not to fold, "I could just call a player to bring me my identification, hopefully the game hasn't started." I pull out my phone and unlock it without any intention of doing so. Camila could probably come get me, but it would take a while.

It's as if the universe is on my side because Oikawa turns at the end of the hallway. In his hands he carries a bunch of gifts, probably from his fangirls. By the way his hair is messy and his forehead sweaty despite the game having ended minutes ago, it seems as if he had enough time to have some fun.

"Hey, Oikawa-Kun!" I holler at the boy and raise my hand to get his attention. He seems shocked at my sweet-friendly tone, "Could you, please, go get me my identification. Hopefully we don't get there late and be disqualified."

"Huh?!" He is taken aback by my words. The two guards turn to look at him, hoping to get a response, however, he stands there just as confused as the two idiots.

I open my eyes wide, pressed my lips tight, and twitched my head to the side, signaling to quickly get it together.

"You know this girl?" The old man asked.

"Yes," Oikawa answers a bit skeptical as to where this is going, "Yeah, yeah, I do. She is our... our manager?" I shake my head in agreement, gesturing to keep going, "Coach Irihita asked me to get you, he is pretty mad that you haven't made it back."

"See, gentlemen, I'm in a hurry here as the manager of Aoba Johsai, I apologize for any problems," I bow my head, picking up my head slightly so they can see my puppy eyes.

The guard rolls his eyes and points towards the entrance, "Just go," He quickly looks the other way at his partner who still seemed mesmerized by me.

I walk as fast as possible towards Oikawa and pull him by the arm. He looks behind, more specifically at the young guard.