Chapter Eight - Hot As Fuck Day

Chapter Eight - Hot as Fuck Day

Y/N's POV

Somehow her comment bothered me. It bothered me more than it should for sure.

I wouldn't say Iwaizumi and I are friends, but we are not strangers either.

Either way, Cami's words made me want to puke, a similar feeling from when I caught Yuji and Misaki. Worst of all, I had to fake a smile at Cami and make it seem like I supported her decision. I know I should, but I can't. Jealousy?

Fuck.

"Hey, Kyotani-Chan?" Ikari grabs my arm, I can feel his trembling hands even above the thick fabric of my sweatshirt.

I babysit Ikari on the weekends to earn some extra cash, coke and heroin aren't cheap and my parents notice when I steal more than ten thousand yen. If I was their parents, I wouldn't really trust their kid with me, as embarrassing as it is, I've babysat him intoxicated like right now. I didn't take anything strong, just took a couple of hits of the blunt. I'm okay, just a little drowsy and hungry as fuck.

Recently Ikari has taken an interest in volleyball because he is trying to impress a girl so his parents signed him up on a local volleyball team and today is his first practice.

"Will you stay with me?" He asks.

"Uhm, no," I shake my head and bring my eyebrows together in confusion, why would I even stay? I'm supposed to meet up with my dealer while he practices.

"What? Why?!" He becomes paranoid and even more nervous than before, "What if I'm not good at it? Imma need to get out of there ASAP! What if they don't like me? Or they make fun of me? Or if I have an asthma attack?! What if...? What if...?! Oh, god! I think I'm having an anxiety attack!"

Ikari grabs his chest and attempts to control his breathing, but I've known him long enough to know everything is in his head and I know exactly how to deal with him.

I wrap my arms around him and cover his ears while pressing his body as close as possible to me so he can't see his surroundings. His heartbeat begins to slow down but he keeps his hands pressed above mine signaling he still isn't ready to come to the normal world as he calls it.

Once he is better, he moves his head from my chest and removes my hands.

"Ikari, you'll be fine," I whisper, "Don't expect to be good at it on the first day, it's going to take a couple of days or weeks. As for the kids, if they give you any trouble, we'll unchain Kentaro."

That last part paints a smile on his lips, a contagious smile.

Kentaro taught him how to play volleyball when I would take him to my house. I always found it funny how Kentaro couldn't stand anyone but with kids he had all the patience in the world.

"Kentaro would probably bark at them," He laughs, "But can you still go with me? Please?"

I look at my phone, it's still pretty early. My dealer won't be here until one more hour. Plus, it won't take long, it'll be a quick exchange. Ten minutes max.

"Fine," I give in which only makes his smile grow bigger along with his eyes. I like seeing him like this. There are days when his anxiety gets so bad he curls in a corner and tries to make himself as tiny as possible, and I can't do anything because it's all in his head. Or when his OCD tells him to drink bleach and he cries as he tries to take the bottle away from my hand.

He pulls my arm and runs until we reach the volleyball courts where all the kids are waiting. Once we get there and see all the people, I feel him become tense again.