Chapter Nine - A Canvas In Red

Y/N's POV

I knew he was watching me, I could feel his eyes on me throughout practice. Felt as they followed wherever I went. They didn't bother, although they probably should have. On the other hand, I kind of enjoyed the attention, his attention.

When I finally looked up to lock eyes with him, I saw more than what I was expecting. He didn't look at me with hunger like Yuji does. Because when Yuji does it, it's because he is expecting something in return. He says I love you while fucking me or after he has fucked up.

Right now, Iwaizumi is looking at me with soft eyes, almost feeling like he is hugging me with just one look. He carefully examines my moves as if making sure my skin doesn't burn from the deep stare.

I see him panic a bit when he notices I've caught him, so I smile and wave at him which calms him down as he returns it. His smile is crooked and small, and that alone makes me feel weird inside, can't really describe it to be honest. My stomach feels tight and tingly. I can even feel the pupils of my eyes dilate the longer I stare, even the people around seem to disappear and only leave Iwaizumi and his stupid little grin.

Why does he have to look at me like that? All loving and shit. I wished Yuji looked at me like that. That me alone doing such a small thing made him smile. With Yuji everything is so complicated, sometimes I wish it was simpler, but I know that simpler doesn't always mean better. Because what if Iwaizumi gets bored of me? What if he leaves? Then I won't have either Yuji or Iwaizumi.

Wait.

What am I saying?

Did I just imagine being with Iwaizumi? Jesus, Yuji really has me deprived.

Yuji makes me happy, there are our ups and downs, but it's just like any relationship. I'm happy with him, I really am.

But if I really mean it, why did my smile suddenly turn? Why did my eyes become so watery they are beginning to tear up? Why is it that the sight of Yuji doesn't make my stomach turn or my pupils dilate without the need of drugs.

Drugs.

...Fuck...

I pull out my phone to see the top notification. He's here.

I don't even notice I begin to move towards him. It's like a magnet and I'm the metal being attracted it.

My heart pounds faster the closer my feet take me to him. It's just what I need to calm down and my body can sense it coming closer, almost taste it.

The slicked back-black hair and motorcycle are hard to miss. He is dressed in all black and his leather jacket is as dusty as always. Good-ol'-reliable Towada Yoshiki.

He plays volleyball for a crappy school, and no matter how much Yuji makes fun of him and his team, he knows better than to say it straight up to his face. Not only will he lose a couple of teeth for that, everyone knows Towada sells the best shit for the cheapest. He's pretty good at negotiating, but it's known to not accept some deals.

"It'll be twenty for everything, Princess," He says as he fidgets the cigarette from his lips to his hand.

"I only have fifteen."

"Okay, then it's either the maryjane or the pills."

"I can pay you next time."

"It's either the weed or the opioids," His voice gains some volume.

"Come on, man, you know I always pay," I whine, "Right now I'm just low on funds."

"I'm low on funds too, and Terushima still owes me five," He stands up and stops leaning on his bike, "In total you owe twenty-five."