Chapter Twenty-Six - Bad For Him

Y/N's POV

"See you tomorrow, Suzuki," I stand up and throw my backpack around my shoulder.

"Yeah, no, how about you behave from now on!" She screams.

"Not a chance," I exit the classroom despite still having two more hours of detention. Suzuki doesn't know that, if she did, it doesn't matter how much we get along, she would never let me go.

I race downstairs, taking two steps at a time, and slam the doors behind me.

They are still here. Thank god.

I scan the crowd, all familiar faces of volleyball players. I don't spot Kentaro, but it's not like I'm looking for him.

I recognize him from behind, his messy-brown hair and particular stance. So effortlessly standing amongst the crowd... or at least to me.

"Hey, Iwaizumi," I approach him.

He turns around, surprised to see me here.

I smile and make a peace sign with my fingers.

"What are you doing here, thought you were in detention?"

"Huh?" I ask, "Who was the snitch? Yuda?"

"Makki told me, so did Matsukawa. And Cami mentioned it. Oikawa said he saw you go inside... Oh, and Yuda as well."

"Haha," I sarcastically laugh, "Everyone is in my business, and for some reason everyone is telling them to you. How come no one tells me what happens to you?"

I stare at his swollen eye and busted lip. When I was in the classroom, I didn't notice, but from up close, it's hard to even look away. The injuries look fresh, dark purple with a bit of dried blood.

"This?" He points at his face, "It's nothing, you've seen where I live."

Memories of the road to his house flash through my head. It is a piece of garbage but even then, the people didn't seem to bother Hajime, they respected him to a certain level.

"I hope the other person looks worse."

"Then I regret to inform you," He rolls his eyes, "He was left untouched, not a single droplet of blood."

"Why?" The question immediately leaves my lips. I've seen Hajime through a punch or two back when we were first years. I still remember the crows around him as he beat the shit out of another kid. Never once did I see him on the floor though.

"Kind of deserved it," He blocks my trip to the past bringing me back to the present. He has certainly grown up, he is more mature, some will even say a bit uptight.

However, it's hard to imagine what Iwaizumi could have possibly done to deserve that. There is not an evil bone in this man's body. Plus, I think he has done so much good in this lifetime like to go twice to heaven.

"Why were you in detention?" He shifts the attention back to me. As if sleeping in class compared slightly to his swollen face.

"Did Yuda not tell you? Or Makki?"

"They did," He smiles, "Wanted to hear it from you, troublemaker."

The stupid nickname makes me roll my eyes. Look who's talking.

"I forgot my backpack here last night," I play along for his sake. It shouldn't bother me as much that he's intentionally trying to not talk about whatever the fuck happened. It sucks, but I'll try to give him space and just be here, just like has done for me so many times.

"Oh, yeah, I picked it up this morning. It's in the closet," He says, "Come one, I'll give it to you."

He begins to walk towards the gym, stops for me to catch up and walk besides him.