Chapter Four - We Are Just Strangers

Y/N's POV

"Uhm..." My eyes flutter as they try to adjust to the light, although the phone isn't in my face, it's still a little uncomfortable, "Did you need something?"

"Why are you out here?" Oikawa asks, but I know there is no concern in his question, it's curiosity more than anything. Everyone knows Oikawa Toru doesn't give two shits about anyone but himself. Just another self-centered asshole, "It's late."

"I could ask you the same thing, Oikawa."

"Well, if you must know," He raises his other hand to reveal a volleyball, "We were practicing. What about you, Little Mad Dog-Chan?"

There is a volleyball court a few meters away. This park is fairly big, has courts for every imagined sport, what are the odds they had to find me here? Especially right now that I want to be alone- shocker.

"Quit it with the nickname," I roll my eyes.

He looks down at me and smiles, it's pure evil if I'm being honest. He is probably remembering what happened earlier today. Asshole.

"Oikawa was already leaving," Iwaizumi eyes his friend then squats down to make eye contact at eye level, "Are you okay?"

His face is really close to mine, so close I have a clear view of how pretty he actually is. Most of the time he is around Oikawa, so no one pays much attention to Iwaizumi. It's not only because of their looks, this applies to volleyball and personality.

"Yeah," I smile but I'm sure my puffy eyes and red nose say more than any words and fake acts. It doesn't take a genius to figure out I fell asleep crying.

"Huh? I'm not leaving yet, you promised to get food with me afterward," The brunette whines from behind Iwaizumi. His lips pout in annoyance at his friend giving attention to someone else. Just like I've said, he's a self-centered asshole.

Iwaizumi's eyes roll back before he stands up and walks towards his friend. The boy whispers something to Oikawa, there's a sudden movement that I don't get to see but I'm able to hear the slap before Oikawa cries from pain.

"So rude, Iwa-Chan," He takes a couple of steps backward.

"Tsk," Iwaizumi says something else between teeth that I don't quite catch, however by the tone he uses, I'm sure it's nothing more than threats. He quickly walks away, just turning around to stick his tongue out then racing away before Iwaizumi decides to chase after him and beat his ass.

Once Oikawa is gone, Iwaizumi takes a seat next to me on the soil-cold floor.

He is close enough for me to feel the cold skin of his arm make contact with mine. Out of reflex, I quickly move my arm and slide farther from him until there is a reasonable distance for almost strangers.

"Sorry," He moves farther from me, making sure I'm comfortable.

Even with all the distance between us, the skin facing him still shivers and my hairs lift. There is something that makes me so nervous about Iwaizumi. Maybe it's because he walks with all the confidence in the world or because he isn't scared to say anything. Or maybe it's because out of everyone, he's the only one Kentaro ever respected. Not only respected but looked up to even though he would never say that out loud, after all, he has a pride of his own to protect.

No matter how big and confident Iwaizumi walks the hallways of the school and steps into the court with all the trust of his teammates, he is still next to me nervous to even speak a word while looking at the clear-dark sky. His mouth moves before he shakes his head and thinks for a while longer as if going over what to say. It's a rare scene for me to see.