Chapter Five - A Manipulative Love

Y/N's POV

My eyes open wide and I take two steps backward.

Kentaro and Mom look up to make eye contact with me. He looks so confused, but Mother knows exactly what I know.

She didn't say that because she meant it. No, she didn't mean them, she doesn't love me, I am just her daughter by blood. Those words were meant for her satisfaction. She was expecting genuine love in exchange for her cheap crap.

I'm sure yesterday wasn't just hard for me, but also for her. Right now, thoughts of not being enough for anyone's love are going through her head since dad left so she needs reassurance. She is so desperate she is willing to seek it from anyone at whatever the cost it is.

I won't lie. I can admit that I didn't know how empty that void was until I heard her say those words. I miss the warm feeling and the tears that ran through my face with my head blank, with nothing but the echoing of those words. However, that has just turned into a bitter memory.

It's not that I don't love her, I have been fighting for years for just her attention, I just can't. I know she needs that reassurance, and even though I know I love her, the words are just too bitter and strange. I was just never taught how to say them. I can't say them, not now, not when it's nothing but manipulative love.

Is it too much to just wish for something real?

Hot tears of anger spill down harder until my vision becomes too blurry. My legs tremble as they walk away from the two of them, shaking my head, hoping this is just an unpleasant nightmare, but no matter how hard I try, I still see mom and hear the stupid sentence.

"Hey, Y/N," Kentaro calls my name from behind, his voice desperate. I'm sure he is tired of having to deal with mom, but at least her I love you are real for him .

I slam the door behind me and walk as fast as I can away from that hell of a place. Just like usual, I head towards him. Because mom and I are not that different after all.

***

Yuji's door is open when I get there. His parents' car is in the driveway but I'm sure they are still on their trip to Korea, if not, the house wouldn't be a mess.

The house is too quiet, that is until I reach the top of the stairs and begin to hear low whimpers. Moans I know too well.

"Imma cum, Cutie~" His voice is breathy, "Fuck..."

I cringe at the sound of the nickname he gave me. I'm not naive, I know he isn't alone, but I still hope there isn't another girl there.

I push the door open, it creaks as it slowly shows just what I expected.

Misaki's brunette head creeps from behind Yuji's shoulder. She is laying on his bed with her hands around, nails digging his back with him on top of her. I can only see his blonde hair, but I can almost picture his face. How his lips are slightly open and his eyes roll back.

She makes eye contact with me and smiles before she kisses his neck and marks him as her property.

If I hadn't been crying for two days straight, maybe I would have some tears to shred right now.

"Fuck," Is all I whisper to myself from disappointment, not at Yuji, at me. I'm a fucking idiot.

Misaki was the closest thing I had to a girl friend, I should have known by the way she looked at him and hugged him when they said their goodbyes but Yuji always promised there was nothing but years of friendship between the two. I should be used to Yuji's fake promises.