Chapter 41

I happen to enter an area so big, that it is hard to put into words, so silent that your ears start to ring and that is until I recognise Amy's voice and look to the right, where I see her tied up to a chair and her mouth duck taped. Behind her is Sara, holding a baseball bat in her hands.

Taking a glance at Amy's face, I see bruises under her eyes, she looks exhausted, she can barely keep her eyes open.

There is no way I'm leaving out of here without making her pay in ways that are far more than miserable. There is just no way.

"Well, look who arrived just in time" Sara says while gently beating the baseball bat into the palm of her hand. "Your friend and I were just about to play a game, where I beat the shit out of her while she begs me to stop because she is innocent." she explains sarcastically and a grin appears at the corner of her mouth.

"What did you do to her?" I say and take an aggressive step forward.

"You don't want to be the hero now" Sara says with that same stupid smile on her face.

Fuck. What do I do now?

"I want you to take slow steps from now on". "What do you have in that bag?" she asks.

"The fucking money." I say and keep a serious face.

"Oh great, she is finally good for something".

I can't fucking stand her sarcasm right now.

"Fifty fucking thousand. Just like you asked." I say and throw the bag to the front, hoping that she would come closer and pick it up.

She stares at the bag for a couple of seconds before another stupid smile at the corner of her mouth forms.

"You pick it up and bring it to me nice and slowly and put it riiighht here" she says and points to her feet with the baseball bat.

I think for a moment and notice that I don't have any other option and that any sort of rebellion could end in Amy getting hurt badly. I do as I am told and pick up the bag and start taking big but slow steps towards Sara.

Wait. What will she do to me after I have put the bag right at her feet? Of course, she will knock me unconscious with the thing in her hand. Shit. What am I doing? That's basically her trap and I'm going to fall right into it. I suddenly stop walking and that's when I see an expression of alert in Sara's face.

"I told you not to try anything unless I tell you what to do" she says and looks me dead in the eyes.

I stand in silence while trying to figure out what to do without anybody ending up hurt or injured.

"Bring. the. bag." she states word for word and starts pulling on Amy's hair tightly, making Amy scream in pain. As much as I hate watching, I don't move a muscle, because I don't want to give her my fathers money that he has worked very hard for. But I also don't want Amy to get hurt any longer.

I slowly take my right hand and move it back to reach my gun. To this. Sara shows a quick reaction and does the same, taking out a gun and pointing it at me. Now we are both pointing a gun at each other, except she is now pointing it at Amy to scare me off. However, I am not easily scared. Why? Because she needs the money, remember? She is acting tough now but there were times where she used to fuck different dealers a night just to get 2 grams of cocaine for free. I guess the prices have changed now, no dealer can give her shit for free, that's why she is this desperate right now.

"You won't shoot her. " I say and stare into her soul.

"Oh but I will." she responds as I watch her hand with the gun shake like crazy.

"What about the money then?" I ask and her hand becomes still because she knows that I am right.

The next second I hear a gunshot, that came from Sara's direction and the next thing I know is that I drop to the ground and watch how a stream of blood rushes from my ankle. I bite my lips in pain and see Sara run in my direction and take the bag.

She starts walking towards the exit but I can't let her go just like that so I ignore the pain in my foot and gather all of the strength that I have left and grab my gun that fell down from my hand when she shot me. Luckily, it is not too far away so that I am able to grab it by just stretching my hand and I aim at her right elbow.

One shot is what it takes for me to hit her arm with which she was holding the bag of cash and I manage to shoot right at her elbow, which makes her drop the bag instantly.

While she is on the ground, trying to cope with the pain that I just cause her, I slither on the floor to Amy and untie her with the most horrendous pain in my foot. Having her hands free, she removes the duck tape form her mouth and frees her legs. I notice dark spots on her wrists and ankles but not for too long because she runs away to Sara and quickly grabs the bag.

She comes back to me and kneels down.

"Are you ok?" she asks with her eyes widened.

"Yeah, are you?" I ask her the same question.

She takes a look at my ankle that I have put my hand onto to apply pressure. "You're bleeding. We need to get you to a hospital right now." she says and completely ignores my question.

Amy offers me her hand and helps me sit on the chair that Sara had tied her to. Just when she takes her phone out her back pocket, is when the door to the arena opens and I see my father and Sara's mother with my blurry vision, which gets worse every minute.

He rushes to me right after he sees me and his wife stays with Sara while screaming at the top of her lungs and asking what happened.

"Mr. Anderson, it is a long story but we need to get her to a hospital right now before you ask anything, she might have lost a lot of blood." I hear Amy say while holding my head down. It's like I have lost all energy and control over my body.

"If I don't get to know what happened after she is in the hospital, I will kill her." comes out of my dad's mouth. It is kind of funny...how he is trying to be this tough now because he has never talked to me or about me in that way. I am guessing that he is just confused and angry, I would be too if I were him after all.

I feel Amy's hand lift my chin up and make me face her. Her face is blurry and so is the figure of my father, who seems to be on the phone with the ambulance.

"We have two injured here, so send two ambulances stat." I hear my dad command over the phone.

"We need to get them outside right now, they will be here any minute. Amy, I will carry her, you go grab Sara with Elizabeth."

John picks me up and not too long after I feel a light breeze on my face, realizing that I am indeed out of that shit hole. Not too long after I hear the loud sirens get closer and louder every second and know that the help is on its way.

They arrive and I am carefully put on the bed and transported into the vehicle.

"Mr. Anderson, I will go with her, just follow us on the car." is the last thing I hear before a loud and uncomfortable sharp sound starts peeping in my ear, making me go deaf.