Gone Quackers

Maddy had slept quite peacefully after Edward confirmed to her that the fat man would indeed let her have a half day. Thank goodness. After a fright like that she most definitely needed a tad more sleep. 

   She had awoken around 10, feeling much better. Stretching out her back, she decided now would be a good time to get up and get dressed. She started in a couple of hours, after all. Looking around the empty sheds though, she felt an uneasy presence. Maddy shook it off and just got ready.

"Jeez, do they not know how to make their beds...?" she sighed. Thomas, Percy, and Emily had failed to make their beds. To keep herself occupied, Maddy decided to do them a favor and make them. 

"Still tired...think I have an energy drink left.." Maddy grumbled to herself, setting down Emily's comforter. Though to her annoyance, it wasn't there. What WAS there was an 'I'm sorry!' note. 

"...You..ugh. Well, I won't be falling asleep..but I'm gonna be grumpy. Thanks, Jam Jam.."

   With a heaving sigh, she went back to making beds and various cleanings before she had to leave. 

   Luckily for her, it was a mild day outside. Not too hot, not too cold. She had learned that her half day had consisted of delivering supplies to the coast and helping unload. Easy enough, and she got to both Duck in the process. Problem was, her pick-up was across the island.

"Fat man, I hate you so much.." she groaned, pulling up her hood. No time to dilly-dally. She needed to get moving. Plugging in some music to motivate herself, Maddy was off.

   Half-paying attention to the tracks, whenever she passed one of her friends, she gave them nothing more than a small wave. Maddy had more on her mind than she cared to admit. 

"Yoo-hoo! Hello?" she called out once she got there. "I'm here to pick something up??"

"Ah. There you are!" a workman said, approaching her. "To the coast, right?"

"Yeah. That's me." 

"Good. Good. I know you know how to get there, but I recommend not taking the main line there. Tracks are under repairs."

"O...kay? I can find my way there. Easy. Thanks."

"Thought so. Oh. James says hello."

"Asshat. What was he here for?"

"..You know, I don't even remember. Bah, I shouldn't keep you here, or you'll be late! Be off, Maddy!" the workman chuckled, giving her a playful shove. Rolling her eyes, Maddy got herself hooked up and began her journey to the coast.

  After a painstaking amount of time, Maddy finally made it to the coast, all tuckered out. She hadn't allowed herself a break just so she'd get the delivery done on time. 

"Duuuuck..Duck you quackface! Where are you?" she wheezed out.

"I'm right he- Oh. You don't look good." Duck hummed, puffing up to her. As a workman helped her get her harness off, she gracefully laid herself down between the tracks and just laid there.

"I booked it all the way here.."

"You idiot."

"Shut up, quackface. Give me a minute..or five.."

"You know you still have to help, right?" he spoke, peering down at the pathetic sight below his wheels.

"I will help..when my legs stop hurting."