Kindly Unkind

After the fiasco at the scrapyard, Maddy very quickly decided that she wouldn't be going back there, much to the dismay of Nevaeh. However, she did promise that they could hang out from time to time. For now, Maddy shut herself in at the sheds, focusing all her time into trying to plan out a wedding.

"Let's see..maybe I can pass an email on to these pastors..hm.."

   Her desk by her bed was a mess. Notes and various pieces of paper strewn over everyone, and sticky notes covered her laptop. Each and every one of the slips of paper contained questions and suggestions to herself about potential ideas for a few points about the wedding.

"Why's this so haaaaard.." she groaned to herself, knocking her head onto the desk...several times.

   Maddy continued to grumble to herself, scribbling more and more notes. Normally, it wouldn't be so difficult for her to plan, but her soon-to-be husband was off doing who knew what, boasting about himself. Plus, she had stubbornly refused help from her ol' Dadward. 

"Well.." Maddy sighed, picking her phone up through the papers. "There's one place I know I don't need him for.."

   The phone rang for a moment, until an eccentric voice picked up.

"Bonjour! Belle Couture, Juliette speaking. How may I help you?"

"Hey, Juliette.."

"Oh! Mademoiselle Mady!" she gasped. "We heard what happened at the show! Congratulations..! A thousand times congratulations!"

"Yeah..heh.." she giggled softly. "Speaking of that..mind doing me a favor?"

"Oh, of course!" Juliette excitedly said. "Whatever you need, Mademoiselle."

"Could you do the honor of designing my dress? And James' suit.."

"Oh! Oh mon Dieu! It would be an honor! When is the wedding!?"

"May 15th.."

"Oh, not a problem. We just need your husband to come in for a fitting, since we already have your measurements. Is that all?"

"Yeah. Dazzle me, Juliette."

"We will do more than just dazzle you, Mademoiselle Mady!"

"..I'm sure you will. I've got other things I need to plan. Bye-Bye."

"Au revoir!"

   Maddy then set her phone down. At least she had that crossed off the extensive list of things she needed to prepare. Sucks that she had to do it alone.

"Come on, Connor. She's all alone in those sheds! Probably bored to death without me!"

"I wouldn't count on that." Connor chuckled, patting the cab of his engine. "You realize she has to plan a wedding with you, right?"

"Well, she wouldn't plan anything without me....would she?"

"The date creeps closer every day, James. She's probably planning as much as she can without you."

"Man! She needs my input too.."

"You, red boy, can give her your input once we deliver all these vans. If you really need to set aside time to plan, you can talk to Sir Topham Hatt. I'm sure he'll understand completely."