A Change of Perspective

Waiting. James' least favorite thing to do. He wanted answers now, but he knew he couldn't push the poor lass, it could affect the outcome of the whole situation. Edward and Henry told him not to worry about it, even if she says no, at least they can still be friends. He understood that, but that's not what he wanted! This 'love' thing was completely new to him, the only experience he had was seeing people flirt and the people just adoring him in general! But after having it explained to him, it sounded pretty nice to have someone love you unconditionally.

   Now the only good thing about all this is that she didn't avoid him like the plague. She talked to him, rode with him, called him an uptight bitch once. James knew she didn't mean it, or at least he hoped she didn't. Oh well. This was one of those days where she was riding along with him, minding her business, munching on a snack.

"..Whatcha got there?" the engine questioned.

"Food."

"No shit."

"Why are you asking? You want some? Can you even eat?" she retorted.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I can."

"Where does it go?"

"Great question. I don't know, none of us do."

  Maddy just giggled to herself.

"So does that mean you have have allergies..?"

"Maybe? I don't know. We don't eat that often."

"..My snack-"

"Let me try-"

"No-"

  They bickered about her snack for a solid five minutes. It got a chuckle out of his driver and fireman. They always enjoyed the arguments the Red Disasters had. It made life more enjoyable.

"Let me try or I'll kick you off."

"I'm not feeding you like some baby."

  She then paused, coming up with a devious little idea.

"Y'know what? Fine. I'll let you have a cookie." she smirked.

"Thank you."

  Maddy shimmied over closer to James' front, cookie in hand. James saw the smirk she had, and immediately got concerned.

"Please don't cause me to crash-"

"Here comes the airplane! Nyoooooom!"

  James just stared at her. A complete deadpan look.

"We're coming in for a landing..!"

"I fucking hate you-"

  When Maddy brought the cookie to his lips, he snatched it, licking her hand in the process. She keeled backward as much as she could without falling off.

"YOU NASTY-"

"Don't treat me like a baby-"

"CHOKE ON IT-"

  She crawled back to her spot, rubbing her hand on his boiler. The driver and fireman couldn't see what happened, but they could only imagine, and were in stitches because of it.

"Thanks for the cookie, Maaaaaddy.~" he crooned.

"Go fuck yourself-"

"You first-"

"I've been fucked over most of my life, thank you very much."

"..Right, I'm sorry-"

"..You're forgiven, for now."