Chapter 2: The Games Truly Begin

"Lizard Runner, Undeux."

"Happiness Collector!"

The fight between Nanu Kanzaki and Toshiki Kai had officially started.

"Do you want to take the first move, Kai?" Nanu asked.

"Fine by me." Kai nods, and draws his card. "I ride Embodiment of Armor, Bahr. Undeux's skill, I draw a card. Your turn."

Nanu nods, and draws next. "I ride Amusing Bunny. Draw from Happiness Collector's skill, and add a Quick Shield Order Card to my hand. Amusing's skill, I can search the top seven cards of my deck and put a Beast Tamer card from among them into my hand." Many performs his skill, and adds a Beast Tamer card to his hand. "When I add a card to my hand, I can put a card from my hand into my Vanguard's soul. I attack with Amusing Bunny."

Kai observes his hand for a moment. "No guard." Kai takes the first damage of the game.

"Your go." Nanu smiles.

The turn passes to Kai, who draws. "I ride Dragon Armor Knight. Then I call Lava Flow Dragon, and activate its on place skill. I look at the top five cards of my deck and add a Grade 3 to my hand." Kai puts his ace into his hand, then proceeds to attack. "Dragon Armor Knight attacks with support from Lava Flow."

"No guard." Nanu smiles.

"Drive Check. Draw Trigger. I draw a card and give 10,000 power to my Vanguard."

Nanu takes his damage. "Draw Trigger. I draw a card."

"I end my turn."

"Then I draw again." Nanu takes his turn. I ride Bunny's Beast Tamer Assistant, Klorina! I call Masquerade Bunny, and activate her effect to look at the top five cards of my deck and add a Grade 3 to my hand." Nanu searches next, then picks out a unit. "I then discard a card from my hand. Next I call Midnight Bunny and Amusing Bunny. With support from Midnight Bunny, Amusing Bunny attacks. Midnight's skill, soul change when she boosts." Nanu puts a card from the top of the deck under his Vanguard.

"I guard." Kai doesn't let this attack through.

"Shame, I wanted to multi attack. Oh well. Amusing's skill, I move a card on my field into my soul. I'm going to put my little amusing buddy into my soul. Next, I attack as Klorina. Klorina's skill, when I have three more bunny cards in my soul and my field, she gets Drive +1."

"I won't guard." Kai says.

"My Twin Drive. The first check. Critical Trigger. All effects to Klorina. The second check. No trigger." Thanks to the extra trigger, Kai is forced to take two damage instead of one. "Klorina's skill, I can put a card from my hand into my soul, and superior call a card from my soul. Appear, Comicality Chimera! And attack!"

"I won't guard." Kai says and takes another damage.

"I end my turn." Nanu says, and Kai smiles.

"Not a bad start for you." He says and takes his turn. "Reduce all to ashes with your apocalyptic flame...! Raise your voice, rally your troops, and decimate your enemy! The Overlord has reached his ultimate evolution! Ride the Vanguard, Dragonic Overlord, The "X" (pronounced "The Cross", not "The X")! Imaginary Gift, Force 1! I activate The X's skill. I soul blast to put an Overlord card into my soul and obtain the skills of that Overlord card's in my soul! I choose Dragonic Overlord, "The End". I call Heatshot Wyvern, Purple Gem Carbuncle, Dragon Monk Gojo, Burnrise Dragon, and Spillover Dragon!" Kai calls out a full field of cards with a powered up Vanguard.

"Woah, all out already? You're not gonna have a lot of cards for my turn." Nanu warns him.

"If you get another turn, that is." Kai grins. "I attack with The "X"!"