Chapter 13: Spina's Dominance

Next up was Miyaji Academy's match with BV Sol. Spina had assumed the role of Captain, Mecha was Secondary, and Nanu was the Anchor. Mecha played first against a girl named Uni and won, just as she had predicted, and Spina takes the stage next, facing off against Nepgear. After a handshake, the two ladies step back to their fight tables, and shuffle their deck.

"You were Nanu's adoptive twin sister, yeah?" Spina asked.

"That's right." Nepgear nods, slightly confused as to why she was asking.

"Hehe. Well, I'm sorry about this, but our resident fortune teller told me that I'm going to win this match, and her predictions are never wrong." Spina smiles.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm about to prove her wrong." Nepgear says, getting serious. "Now stand up!"

"Stand up, the!"

"Vanguard!"

"Minimum Carno!"

"Shining Knight, Millius!" Nepgear draws, as said by MC Miya. "I ride Charging Jewel Knight, Morvidus! Millius's skill, I draw. I end my turn."

"I draw and ride True Ancient Dragon, Albert Tail! Draw thanks to Minimum Carno, and Albert Tail gets 5000 power when I have an Ancient Dragon Vanguard, which he is. Then I call True Ancient Dragon, Petrafeed! Attack with Albert Tail!"

"I won't guard that." Nepgear prepares herself.

"Drive Check! Front Trigger! Albert Tail's and Petrafeed's skills, they get a Critical whenever my Drive Check reveals a Front Trigger!"

"Already...?!" Nepgear had done her research on all of Nanu's teammates, but she wasn't expecting a full on frontal assault right off the bat. "Damage check. The first. No trigger. The second, Draw Trigger! I draw a card and 10k power to my Vanguard!"

"Petrafeed attacks next with two Criticals!"

"Guard!" Nepgear blocks the attack, and starts her turn. "I draw and ride Dogmatize Jewel Knight, Sybill! Morvidus's skill, when a card is placed over her circle, I can draw a card! I attack with Sybill!"

"No guard."

"Drive Check! Critical Trigger! All effects to Sybill!"

"Damage. No triggers. I draw now. I ride True Ancient Dragon, Aloneros! His skill, I check the top three cards and call an Ancient Dragon from among them! I call Ancient Dragon, Spinodriver!" And just like that, Spina calls out a Grade 3 to her field. "Attack with Aloneros!"

"No guard." Nepgear prepares for another damage.

"Drive Check! Heal Trigger! I heal a damage and give the power to Petrafeed! Spinoddriver's skill, when my drive check reveals a Trigger Unit, he gets an Equip Gauge!"

"Damage...! No trigger."

"Petrafeed attacks!"

"No guard! No trigger!"

"Spinodriver!"

"I guard!"

"I end my turn." Spina grins at her progress, making Nepgear irritated.

"I draw! With the brilliance and toughness of a diamond, she rallies her comrades under a unified cause! Shine forth, my Avatar! Pure Heart Jewel Knight, Ashlei! Force 1! Sybill's skill when a card is placed on her circle! Look at the top three cards of my deck and call a Jewel Knight from among them! I call Explode Jewel Knight, Laile! I call Sybill, and Fruiting Jewel Knight, Eunice! Eunice supports Laile for her attack!"

"No guard."

"Sybill attacks next!"

"No guard."

"Ashlei!"

"Guard with Tenacitops. His skill, if I didn't ride a Grade 3 this turn, I inflict minus 2 Critical in your Vanguard!"

"Twin Drive! No trigger! Second check! Critical Trigger...! All effects to Ashlei. I end my turn..." She sighs.

"Then I draw. Roar...! With ferocity and terror unmatched by any other! It's time to feast, my Avatar! Ancient Dragon, Spinodriver!!" Spina places her Vanguard. "Accel 2! Draw! I move Petrafeed down to call True Ancient Dragon, Barreltops, Albert Tail, and call Extortion Dragon, Spinoextort to the Accel circle! I attack with my rearguard Spinodriver!"

"I guard!"

"Spinoextort! His skill, retire Spinodriver and call his Equip Gauge! Call Spinoextort and attack! Spinoextort's skill! Retire Spinoextort and call Regiodon!"

"I guard!"

"Attack with Regiodon! Equip Gauge to Barreltops!"

"Guard!"

"Barreltops goes in!"

"Guard!"

"Vanguard Spinodriver! Spinodriver's skill! Devour Barreltops and Spinoextort to gain an Imaginary Gift: Accel 2! Draw a card, then I draw again and call two cards from my hand! Call Barreltops and Aloneros! Aloneros's skill, counter blast and call an Ancient Dragon from the top three cards of my deck! Call Albert Tail! Albert Tail gets 5000 power when I have an Ancient Dragon Vanguard! Barreltop's skill, counter blast when I have an Ancient Dragon Vanguard, draw a card, and get 5000 power!"

"Perfect Guard!"

"Twin Drive! Front Trigger! 10k to the front row! Barreltops and Aloneros get a Critical! Second check! Front Trigger! 10k to the front row!"

Nepgear was all out of cards in her hand. She couldn't stop these two attacks.

"Go Barreltops! Finish this!" Spina has her rearguard charge in for the final attack of the game.

"No triggers... I lost." Nepgear says.

"That was good game. Sorry for not holding back..." Spina says, and extends her hand as the two girls meet in the middle.

"It's okay. This is the Vanguard Koshien, after all. Your team better win, okay?" Nepgear smiles and shakes her hand again, as they two exit the field and Miyaji Academy advances to the next round of the Koshien.