Chapter 26: Loose Lips Sink Ships

"Hmm..." Nanu looks at his phone again.

"Is something wrong, Pa?" Mila asked. She calls him Pa since she and Chaeyu are basically already married, so she wanted to let the family know.

"Mom isn't back yet... She said she was going to pick up Eliza at the airport, but she hasn't come home at all." He replied.

"Do you think she...?"

"No way. She's the current Asia Circuit champion. The only person who COULD possibly beat her is our dad, but he's not in Japan, and even then, nobody can reverse him either." Nanu says.

"So why didn't she come home?" Chaeyu asked.

"That's what I'm trying to think up."

As Nanu thought, he heard the door of the house unlock and burst open. "BUM BUM BA BAAA!! International travelers in da house!" A small and tall boy with azure hair enter the house.

"Perse? And Shigure? What're you two doing here? I thought you'd still be out of Japan." Nanu says.

"Ehe! Well, weird story, but our flight to our next stop was cancelled. We were in the country for a couple days when everything stopped. So we thought about stopping by." The small one known as Perse explained.

"Wait, so if you guys are here, then that means...dad and Vince are here too?" Nanu asked, his heart rate picking up.

"Well, yeah, but they're not here with us at the moment." Perse said.

"Then where are they?"

"Something about the Tatsunagi building. I assume he's heading there now." Shigure answered.

"Oh shit, uhh, hey Perse! Wanna fight?!" Nanu asked.

"Huh? Uh, sure, I guess?" He agreed, kinda confused by the sudden request.

Nanu took the boy to the backyard. It was a pretty big place and they stood at the fight table the family had set up.

"Stand up! The!"

"Stand up! La!"

"Vanguard!"

"Happiness Collector!" Nanu calls.

"Happiness Collector!" Perse also says.

"Dad and Uncle Perse use the same deck?" Chaeyu asked.

"Well, yes, but not really." Shigure says cryptically, as if to keep his teammate's and brother's deck a secret.

Perse didn't seem to notice at first, but he turns around and comes face to face with his starting Vanguard. "Woah?! Happiness Collector?! You're real?!" He asked excitedly.

"Wait, Perse, have you seen the news?"

"Uh, not really?"

"Hmm... Well, whatever. I'll go first." Nanu says and draws. "I ride Amusing Bunny. His skill, add a Beast Tamer to my hand from the top 7 cards of my deck I add Klorina to my hand and put Brassie Bunny into my soul. I draw with Happiness Collector's skill and end my turn."

"Then I draw. And I ride Moonlight Melody Tamer, Betty. Using her skill, I draw a card and put a card from my hand into my soul. Then I draw a card with Happiness Collector's skill. Attack!"

"No guard."

"Drive Check. No trigger."

"Damage. No trigger."

"I end my turn." Perse passes the turn.

"Then I draw. I ride Bunny's Beast Tamer, Klorina! Then I call Midnight Bunny and Amusing Bunny! Midnight attacks your Vanguard!"