Chapter 27: Even Might Ones Fall...

Going back in time a little, Laura had arrived at the airport just in time to meet up with Ryu, one of Eliza's children. He's a tall brunette male with slicked hair and a handsome face. He's Mecha's older brother, and uses the Dimension Police clan. "Ryu!" She calls to him with a smile.

"Hello Ms. Kanzaki." He greets her with a smile himself.

"Did Eliza land yet?" She asked.

"Yeah, apparently, but weird thing... All the flights have been canceled, so how did she even get here?" Ryu wondered.

"Huh, that is weird." Laura nods.

"The answer is quite obvious, actually." A female's voice speaks up as she walks up to them. "Her flight was hosted by the Tatsunagi Corporation." She grins.

"Spina...?" Ryu asked, narrowing his eyes. He could sense the darkness under them.

"Hello Ryu. Long time no see." Spina smiles.

"The Tatsunagi Corporation...? Then that means...?!" Laura started putting the dots together. "Ryu, you need to run...!"

"What? Why?" Ryu asked, and soon found him and Laura surrounded. "The hell...?"

"I apologize for this, Ms. Kanzaki. But orders are orders. Master Nome instructed me to pick up Ms. Primrose and safely return her to Tatsunagi Tower. You're more than welcome to join us on the way there, however." Spina smiled.

"Never with you...!" She growled back.

"Hm. That's a shame." Spina frowns, and pulls out her deck. "Seems we'll have to do this the hard way."

Ryu stood in front of Laura and Spina, trying to protect her. He looks around, and feels Laura tap his shoulder, then notions for him to make a break for it. Ryu quickly pivots and charges through the group of Reversed fighters, knocking them off their feet as he ran with Laura in his arms. He exits the empty airport, and puts Laura in a taxi cab, quickly.

"What are you doing, get in!" She demands.

"I'm going to keep them off your trail! Cabbie! Take her somewhere far!" He calls and closes the door, tapping the roof as the cab drove off.

"Hm, how sweet. You did always love to play Hero when we were kids." Spina claps. "I've always hated that about you..."

"Yeah yeah yeah, we could never work out cuz I prioritized other people's safety rather than gave you attention. I know why we broke up." Ryu groans and turns to face her. He made sure to obstruct her view of the cab's license plate, to make sure they couldn't track Laura.

"As much as I hate wasting time, reversing you is exactly what Master Nome wants as well, so I must do as he says." Spina grabs her deck and places it down on the floating red panel in front of her.

Ryu did the same. "You know our fights are always 50/50, right? And it's my turn to win this fight."

"Hehehe... How cute. Thinking I'm the same person I was." Spina laughed. "I'll show you just how strong I've become."

"Stand up! Vanguard!"

"Minimum Carno!"

"Dimensional Robo, Goyusha!"

"I'll start us off then. I draw and ride Prism Bird. I check the top five cards of my deck to add a Grade 3 to my hand. Add Spinodriver. Then I discard a card. Draw with Minimum Carno's skill. I end my turn." Spina smiles and passes the turn order.

"I draw. I ride Dimensional Robo, Daiprop! His skill, I reveal a card from my hand and send it to the bottom of my deck to draw a card. And since I put a Grade 3 on the bottom, I can draw again. Then I draw with Goyusha's skill. Attack with Daiprop!"