Chapter 16: Vanguard Koshien Finals; Round Two

The next match was starting now, with Yoshi vs Mecha. With no delays, the two set up their fields and start their game.

"Incipient Long Tail."

"Eradicator, Spring Light Dracokid."

"Mecha will be going first!" MC Miya announces as Mecha draws her card.

"I ride Mythic Beast Hati. Draw. Soul charge two when he's placed, and I end my turn." Mecha gets an early soul building (3)

"I draw, and ride Isolation Eradicator, Nusku. Draw. Nusku's skill, top seven cards for an Eradicator. I add Spark Raze Dragon to my hand. I attack with Nusku." Yoshi goes in to attack.

"No guard."

"Drive check. Draw Trigger. I draw a card."

"Damage. No trigger." It was now Mecha's turn again. 'I need to wrap this game up fast before she starts binding my deck...' Mecha thinks to herself as she draws. "I ride Battle Maiden, Mutsuki! Her skill, counter blast and soul blast, get a Force marker. Force 2!" Mecha goes for the extra critical over more power this game. "Call Hati, and soul charge 2 (5). I attack your vanguard!"

"No guard." Yoshi doesn't flinch from the two critical attack yet. "No trigger."

"Attack with Hati!"

"No guard." Yoshi is now at 3 damage.

"I end my turn." Mecha sighs.

"Stand and draw. I ride Eradicator, Spark Raze Dragon. His skill. He gets 5000 power and I search the top five cards of my deck for an Eradicator." Yoshi adds Vowing Sword Dragon to her hand. "I attack with Spark Raze."

"No guard." Mecha aims to take her second damage.

"Drive Check. Critical Trigger. All effects to vanguard."

"Dang it...!" Mecha groans and takes two damage now, getting a Critical Trigger. Not that it mattered right now.

"Spark Raze's skill, soul blast and draw a card. I end my turn." Yoshi smiles at her progress.

"I draw, and ride Goddess of Good Luck, Fortuna! Force 2!" Mecha puts her second gift marker onto her right rearguard circle. I call Hati and soul charge 2, and call Croute! His skill, soul charge 4 (12)! Fortuna's skill! I soul blast 5 (7), and look at the top five cards of my deck to rearrange them!" Mecha looks at her cards. She nods, and starts to put them where she wants them. "I attack with Fortuna! Her skill, soul charge for how much rearguards I have! Soul charge 3 cards (10)!"

"Guard with Blitz Knuckle Dragon. His skill, minus 2 Critical." Yoshi uses the Draw Trigger she got on her first turn.

"Twin drive! The first! Heal Trigger! Power to Croute and I heal a damage! Second check! Draw Trigger! Power to Croute and I draw! Croute attacks next!"

"No guard." Yoshi takes this two Crit attack. "Heal Trigger. I heal a damage." She gets a heal of her own, putting her at 4 damage now. "I draw. The sound of a thunderclap echoes over the battlefield! Descend and tear em up, my Avatar! Ride, Eradicator, Vowing Sword Dragon!" Yoshi sends in her ace next. "Accel 2! Draw a card! I call Fiendish Sword Eradicator, Cho-Ou! His skill, bind Croute!"

Mecha moves her rearguard next to her deck.

"Then I move Hati up to the front row. Vowing Sword's skill, bind a Croute from your deck!"

Mecha does as she's told to avoid her vanguard from getting more power.

"I call Ceremonial Bonfire Eradicator, Castor. Castor's skill, bind Hati." Yoshi continues to bind her field, irritating Mecha. "Bind a Hati from your deck."