Chapter 19: Damien's Determination

Alice bursts into the door of her house, startling everyone inside.

"Alice? What's wrong?" Laura Kanzaki, the mother of the household who just returned home from Singapore, asks the panicked high schooler.

"The news...!" Alice pants and turns the television on.

"We are reporting live at the base of the Tatsunagi Corporation! Some kind of black ring has appeared in the sky above it out of nowhere, and Vanguard units are appearing whenever people engage in a cardfight!" A woman says as she's being filmed for the coverage.

"What the...?" Laura looked confused by this, but then remembers what she saw on the taxi ride over here. "So it wasn't the alcohol making me hallucinate..." She mutters. "I saw your Nebula Lord Dragon."

"Yeah, I was fighting Saikoa. She had this weird aura about her, and she talked weird, and was a completely different person, and Leo-pold "Reverse"!" Alice says quickly and disorganized, freaking out. "HAS ANYONE SEEN AZURA SINCE THE KOSHIEN?!" She asked finally.

"No...?" Everyone at the house at this moment says.

"Hold on, what does this have to do with Auntie Azura?" Chaeyu asked.

"Saikoa went to meet with Nome Tatsunagi after she got eliminated from the Koshien! And before Saikoa, Azura went to meet with him cuz of the letter! Saikoa was...brainwashed, or something when I fought her in the park! What if something like that happened to Azura?!" Alice explains frantically.

"Alice, calm down!" Nanu tries to get his sister to slow down.

"HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BE CALM?!" She shouts.

"SHUT UP, BOTH OF YOU!!" Laura uses her motherly authority to shut the two up. "Panicking isn't going to help anyone. We need to be level headed about what's happening and come up with a plan!"

Alice pants heavily, but starts to calm down her breathing at the least.

"We'll each split up and look for Azura. How does that sound?" Mila chimes in.

"Yes, Mila, that's a good idea!" Laura smiles and gives her the thumbs up. "I'll get into contact with my friends and see what's happening where they are." Laura grabs her phone and starts to dial a person named Eliza first, as the Kanzaki kids, except Alice, rush out to try and find Azura. However, Eliza didn't pick up her phone. Sure, she's all the way in America for a vacation right now, but she always answers the phone when Laura calls. Next, she dials a woman named Angelique, who picks up. An explosion was heard on the other end.

"Hello?! Laura?! Are you okay?!" Angelique asked over the phone.

"I'm fine! What's happening where you are?!" Laura asked, very concerned.

"I was out on a mother daughter outing with my baby girl Kia when we suddenly got jumped by a bunch of creepy dudes! We beat them up just now, but something was off about them." Angelique explained. "Does this have something to do with that ring in the sky?"

"I don't know yet, but Eliza didn't answer her phone." Laura says. "Alice told me that Nome Tatsunagi isn't what he seems, and seems to be the source of all this. Can you come over?"

"We'll be there soon!" Angelique hangs up as another fight ensues.

Next, Laura dials Ishtar Raijin, who also picks up. "Hello?!" Ishtar asked, another explosion heard.

"Thunder Tits, is everything okay over there?!" Laura asked.

"Okay? Nothing is okay right now! Yoshi is missing, and me and Hoshi are getting swarmed by a bunch of shady nobodies! Also, DON'T CALL ME THAT!!"