Chapter 10: A Storm is Brewing

"Humu humu... I see. You're in love with someone, but that someone loves someone else. Right?" Alice was talking to her best friend, Saikoa Barley, over the phone.

"Yeah that pretty much sums it up..." Alice sighs and lays on her bed. "I guess it's to be expecting. I mean, who could possibly love me romantically? Hahaha..."

"That's not funny, Ali!" Saikoa scolds her.

"Okay okay, I get it." She sighs again. "Can I go over? I might need another fight to grapple with these feelings."

"Of course you can! I'll get dinner ready for when you arrive!" Saikoa quickly hangs up to get dinner started as Alice walks downstairs.

"I'm heading out to Saikoa's!" She announces.

Nanu looks over his shoulder. "Uh, okay then. Be safe, yeah?"

"I will." Alice puts her shoes on and leaves the house in a jog.

"Is she going to Saikoa's to fight?" Chaeyu asked.

"I'm assuming so. The two are usually neck in neck when it comes to playing, but Alice always wins." Nanu says and continues cooking dinner.

"Hm. So where's Auntie Azura?" She asked again.

"Alice said she was at Card Capital right now." He answered.

"Ohh, okay."

———

Azura wasn't at Card Capital for fights though. She was there to relay information to someone. "Essentially, if you can beat Alice in a fight, she'll start liking. She's attracted to strength." She said.

"Seriously...? We've played so many games together and she always blows me out of the water...! How am I supposed to beat her?" Hoshi mumbled.

That's right, dear reader, Hoshi has a crush on Alice in this dimension! The pair of twins have known each other since childhood, but had to separate due to Hoshi and Yoshi moving further away. But thanks to the subway, they can now head off to wherever they want in town, and that's how they meet with Azura and Alice at Card Capital.

"Yes, it is going to be difficult for you, Hoshi. But considering Yoshi just beat her, I'm sure you can too. Eventually." Azura says.

"Eventually isn't going to cut it..." Hoshi sighs. "Ugh... Why does she have to be so hard to get...?!"

"Well, there is another way to make her fall for you."

"Really?! What is it?!" Hoshi asked desperately.

Azura leans in and starts whispering to, making Hoshi go very, very red.

"N-N-No way...! Th-Tha-That's way too l-l-l-lewd...!!" Hoshi stutters and stumbles on her words out of embarrassment. "Besides, that's something you save until marriage...!!"

"It's either that or beat her in a fight. Pick your poison." Azura says.

"Ugh..." Hoshi slumps in her chair.

"Maybe a prediction would help you?" Mecha asked.

"A prediction? What are you, a fortune teller?" Hoshi asked.

"Yes, actually. It runs in my family." Mecha says. "Let me see your palm." She tells her, and Hoshi nods and lifts her hand up for Mecha to see. "Hmmm... I see... Yes, your future is looking bright..." She mumbles to herself.

"Bright how...?" She was worried it might now be about her love life.

"I see..."

———