Chapter 3: Chaeyu's Tenacity

The next day came quickly, Chaeyu and Damien were crashing at the Kanzaki household during their time there, reading their cards effects and practice fighting each other to get a better grasp on the game and test out strategies. Once they got confident, the pair head off back to Card Capital finding Nanu and friends playing some games as soon as the school day finished. "Hey it's Mom." Chaeyu comments, pointing out a young brunette girl the same age as Nanu.

"Miss Kia is here too." Damien comments.

"Auntie Azura and Alice, Aunt Yoshi, Uncle Kyoki... They're all here together. This is incredible." The girl nods, as Nanu waves to them.

"Hey you two. Come to test your skills?" He asked them.

"Mhm! I think we've got things down!" Chaeyu replies to her father excitedly.

"Great. We got plenty of people here, so pick an opponent and ask for a fight." Nanu says as he grabs his bags. "I have a part time job, so I'll be off." He waves goodbye to his friend group and leaves the shop.

"Dammit. I wanted to play him..." Chaeyu sighs, but looks around, spotting her target. "Kia, fight me." She says

"Hm~?" The tanned babe looks up from her cards, and smiles. "Okay then. Nanu told me started yesterday, but don't expect me to hold back." She giggled, setting up her play field, Chaeyu doing the same.

"I'm not losing to you...!" Chaeyu says. She didn't just pick this opponent randomly. She had a grudge on this particular girl, and even though she wasn't the same Kia she knew, Chaeyu still wanted to prove something. "Stand up, my!"

"Stand up!"

"Vanguard!"

The two flip over their starting Vanguards.

"Chrono Dran."

"Vermilion Gatekeeper~" Kia smiles, and gestures to her opponent. "Why don't you go first, dear~?" She asked in a flirtatious manner.

"Fine, I will. I ride Steam Breath Dragon, and activate his effect to look at the top five cards of my deck to grab a Grade 3. I add Chronojet Dragon to my hand and discard a card from my hand. And I end my turn there."

"Wow, a good first turn. I should do my best to keep up then~" Kia grins.

"Please stop talking like that." Chaeyu groan.

"Hmph. Fine then. I draw, and ride Edge in Darkness. His skill when placed on Vanguard, I draw a card, then put a card from my hand into my soul. Then Vermillion Gatekeeper's skill lets me draw again, and add a Quick Shield order to my hand. I attack your Vanguard." Kia makes her attack.

"I don't guard." Chaeyu says, and takes the first damage of the game.

"Drive Check." Kia turns over a card on her deck. "No trigger."

"Damage." Chaeyu checks her damage now. "Draw Trigger. I draw a card."

"I end my turn." Kia smiles.

"Then I draw. I ride Smokegear Dragon. I go straight in for an attack."

"No guard."

"My Drive Check." Chaeyu makes her move. "Critical Trigger. All effects to Smokegear." Chaeyu's buff blue dragon slams into Kia's femboy vanguard, dealing two damage instead of the usual one.

"Lucky check." Kia groans and takes her turn next. "I ride, Demonted Executioner. With his skill, I counter blast and soul charge 3 cards." Kia Soul charges a Dimension Creeper, Hysteric Shirley, Prognoses Drei. "When I should charge a Trigger unit from this skill, I can draw a card. Then I call Prognoses Drei from my hand. I attack with Prognoses. Her skill, I can look at the top card of my deck, and leave it on top of the deck, or put it into my soul. I'll put it into my soul." Kia smiles and puts Dark Knight of Nightmareland.