Chapter 18: The Reverse

Its been about a couple days after the Koshien now, and it was finally Alice's turn to pay the Tatsunagi Corporation a visit. Like Yoshi, she was escorted to the penthouse by Rekka Tatsunagi, and then she leaves. Left alone with the green haired male, she could already tell something was off. The girl, Rekka, was nothing like how she acted on stage. Rekka was a member of the famous Vanguard Idol group known as Ultra Rare. This was years ago now. Back then, and even the few times she and Alice spoke after a tournament, she was super bubbly and talkative, as if she didn't know how to shut up.

But today, she was silent, and giving off a very familiar aura to Alice. Extremely suspicious and cautious, Alice pushes up the door to Nome's penthouse, finding him at the window. Much like Rekka, there was something off about him. He was always a silent person, but again, it was his aura that really bothered her. As if sensing her presence, he turns around and greets her with a smile.

"Welcome, Alice Kanzaki."

Not being fooled his fake smile, Alice glares at him. "Who, or what, are you?" She asked.

This statement seemed to surprise the man. His one visible eye widened, he soon composes himself again with a low chuckle. "I suppose I should have expected this. Chaos Breaker speaks of you often, after all. Of course you would be able to feel his power after knowing him for so long."

"Chaos Breaker... I was right. I knew I felt something off about you and Rekka. You're not Nome Tatsunagi. You're from Cray, aren't you?" Alice asked, getting defensive.

"Heheheh... Close enough. It's true, my real body is sealed on the Planet Cray right now, but I will make my arrival soon. This body is only a vessel to be discarded later." The...thing...grins.

"...Omega Glendios. That's your name." Alice speaks.

The thing in Nome's body begins to laugh. "You're much smarter than you act, Alice Kanzaki. Chaos told me you would be, but I didn't quite take his word for it!" He opens his arms, grinning evilly. "But you are correct. I am, in fact, Omega Glendios." He finally introduces himself. "Do tell me... Do you know the reason I called you here?"

"You want to use me." Alice says. "To finish what Brandt started all those years ago. To control both Cray and Earth."

"Use you? No no, not at all. I want you to cooperate with me. After all, it is what Chaos Breaker and the others were made for." Glendios smirks. "To carry out my will. If you join me willingly, then I'm sure it will save Chaos from having to hurt you... Despite his nature, he truly does care for you."

"You don't have to tell me that." Alice says. "But I refuse!"

Silence befalls the room. Glendios seemed dissatisfied with her answer, and sighed. "That is unfortunate... I was hoping you would understand. But alas, it seems this is how it must always be. Do it, Chaos."

A strange aura starts to flow from Alice's deck. This catches Alice's attention, and suddenly, there's a pain in Alice's chest. She groans in discomfort, gripping her chest and falling to her knees. The darkness continues to make its way to Alice's head, forcing her unconscious.

~~~

"Urggh...! Chaos...?! Why are you...?!" Alice growls as dark red begins to envelop her forearm.

"I am sorry. But I cannot disobey a direct order from Lord Glendios." The large dragon speaks, creating the very darkness that was restricting Alice.

"And why not...?! Huh?!" Alice shouts. "What's stopping you?!"

"Do not make this difficult, Alice. We gave you a choice." The dragon continues to try and persuade her.