Chaptor 20: Heart of the Cards Part 2

Nanu and co return to the Kanzaki home and see that Laura had invited her mom friends over too. As soon as they enter, they join the circle. "What's happening?" Nanu asked.

"Just giving the girls a lowdown." Laura said to her son.

"Yoshi is missing... I have no idea where she is either." Ishtar says.

"How horrible..." Aritsu mumbles as well. While she wasn't a fighter herself, she did own a massive card shop chain.

"I also heard Azura went missing?" Hoshi asked, looking at Alice, who only nodded.

"I wanted to give Yoshi a gift too..." Ishtar mutters. "Well, not like we can do anything about that now. I say we storm the Tatsunagi building and demand answers."

"As much as I would love to agree, he's likely got a whole army." Nanu says. "While we were looking for Azura at Shop Handsome, we got jumped by Rekka Tatsunagi, and she had a private corp of at least seven people. So this has clearly been going on for a while."

"Me and Kia were also attacked by a surprising amount of people." Angelique says.

"Man, you guys got it bad." Finnley says.

"Well sorry for trying to be a good mother. Not that I expected someone like you to understand." Laura says.

"What's that supposed to me?!" Finnley asked.

"You literally refuse to have children cuz you're afraid they'll take Lucy's attention away from you." Ishtar groans.

"Th-That's because it's true!" Finnley blushes.

"We're getting off topic." Alice chimes in.

"Oh, right. By the way, Laura, where's Eliza?" Aritsu asked.

"She didn't pick up when I called her. She's probably just asleep. She's over in America, after all." Laura comments.

"Hey, didn't Eliza say something about the Tatsunagi Corporation before she left?"

"I think she did...? That was a month ago, though." Finnley says.

"Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that's the case. You don't think she...?!" Aritsu starts to panic next.

"Th-There's no way...! Eliza would never!" Laura denies the statement.

"But think about it, mom. This is the third person we know of who went to the Tatsunagi building, then disappeared without a trace." Nanu says.

"He's got a point." Raptor points out as well.

"So...you think Eliza went to America because of Nome Tatsunagi?" Ishtar asked.

"It's the best answer we have to a lot of our questions." Chaeyu says. "If miss Eliza went to America a month ago, this has clearly been happening for a long time. They might have a whole army across Japan. Hell, maybe even all over the world at this point."

"And they're all probably as strong as Rekka was..." Damien mumbles.

"That seems to be the guess." Nanu nods.

"Then why are we just sitting around for?! Let's beat the guy and get everyone back to normal!" Tyranna exclaims.

"If it were that easy, then we would. But remember, this guy has a whole army behind him. He's probably got plenty of guards stationed everywhere at the Tatsunagi building." Raptor says.

"He's got a point..." Tria mumbles.

"And given how this happened so suddenly, I doubt there's anyone competent enough to rally the normal fighters behind us like how Nome has his army." Finnley starts thinking.