Filler Chapter: Lovers Quarell

After Damien's victory against Raptor the other day, the Kanzaki household is awoken to the sounds of bickering.

"I don't wanna wear red today, I wanna wear purple!"

"Buts it's Friday! We always wear red on Friday!"

"What if I wanna change things up today?!"

Nanu walks into the living room with a yawn, seeing Chaeyu and Mila bicker over what matching outfit they should wear today. "Is this normal for them?" He asked Damien.

"Not typically." Damien says as he helps Vallerie in the kitchen to make breakfast for the family.

"Chaeyu usually agrees to do whatever Mila asks of her." Vallerie explains.

"Huh. Weird." Nanu comments as he sits and waits for breakfast. "Hey, they're getting their cards out."

"Are they really gonna...?"

"Yup, looks like it." Damien nods and starts to watch the fight ensuing.

"Stand up! My! Vanguard!" They both say at the same time, even sharing their stand up quote.

"Chrono Dran!"

"Chrono Tigar!"

"Wow, they even share their clans." Nanu comments as he sips some coffee.

"I draw and Ride Chronotooth Tigar! Draw again, and I end."

"Draw and ride Bearing Rover! Draw again and attack!"

"No guard!"

"Drive Check! Draw Trigger! I draw! Bearing Rover's skill, I draw again and discard a card! I end my turn!"

"Draw! Chronotooth Tigar's skill! I draw again at the start of my Ride Phase! Then ride Chronobite Tiger! Attack!"

"No guard!"

"Drive Check! Critical Trigger! All effects to Vanguard!"

"Damage! No trigger! Second check! Heal Trigger! I heal!"

"I end my turn."

"I draw! I ride Smokegear Dragon! Attack!"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! Critical Trigger! All effects to Vanguard!"

"Damage! No trigger! Second check! Heal Trigger! I heal!"

"I end my turn!"

"I draw! Chronobite Tiger's skill, at the start of my ride phase, I draw a card and discard a card! Tooth's skill, when he's discarded, I can call him as Rest! Then I ride Chronofang Tiger! Force 1! Discard cards equal to the sum of Grade 3 and Ride a Grade 4 from my deck! Ride Chronotiger Rebellion! Call Steam Scara, Irkab and Steam Knight, Kalibum, Steam Breath, and Steam Fighter, Zabaia! Irkab's skill, discard a card from my hand to give my Vanguard +1 Drive! Chronotiger Rebellion attacks! His skill! I have 2 cards in my hand, so I can retire your front row, IF YOU HAD ONE, and give my front row 10k power!"

"Perfect Guard!"

"Triple Drive! First Check! No trigger! Second Check! No trigger! Third Check! Critical Trigger! All effects to Irkab! Kalibum attacks!"

"I don't guard! Damage! Draw Trigger! Power to my Vanguard and I draw!"

"Kalibum's skill, counter blast and put Steam Breath on the bottom of my deck and I get to draw a card and counter charge, making his cost free! Attack with Irkab with support from Zabaia!"

"Guard!"

"I end my turn."

"I draw! And Final Turn!"

"You did not...!"

"I just did! Ride Chronojet Dragon! Force 2! Skill, discard up to Grade 3, and ride Chronodragon Nextage! Call Chronojet Dragon, and Irkab! Irkab's skill! Discard and counter blast and give my Vanguard +1 Drive! Attack with Irkab!"

"No guard!"

"Attack with Chronojet, his skill, you can't guard with sentinels and he has 2 crit from the Force 2!"

"No guard!"

"Chronodragon Nextage!"

"Perfect Guard!"

"Triple Drive! No triggers! Nextage's skill, ride Chronojet from my soul and get another Force 2! Attack! Skill! 5000 power and no sentinels!"

"Damn you! No guard!"

"Twin Drive! Critical Trigger! All effects to Chronojet! Second check! Draw Trigger!"

"I lose..."

"...okay, I'll wear red with you." Chaeyu says. "I was being selfish."

"But the purple..." Mila says. "You wanted to wear purple, right?"

"Yeah, but I don't wanna make you upset. Besides, it's just a color."

Mila looks at her sadly. "R-Really...?"

"Yeah, really." Chaeyu smiles.

"Yay!" The black haired girl cheers and hugs her girlfriend.

"SIMP!" Damien shouts from the kitchen table.