Chapter 32: Damien's Destiny

"Spina Kobayashi. I will be your opponent." Damien says and flashes his deck to her.

The third year high school girl stands by the door and starts laughing. "Hahahaha! Wow, are you really the same kid I beat all those weeks ago?! Since when did you get so badass?" She giggles a bit. "As cliche as that was, I'll accept your challenge, Damien. I could use a warm up round."

Once again, the other worldly red fight panels appears, Damien at the front of the stairs as Spina stood in front of the entrance/exit of the tower. As both players shuffled their decks, Damien turned his head to the girls behind them. "Go. Leave her to me." He says to Chaeyu.

"Wha...? But Damien, you...!"

"Go...! We can't afford to waste time, right?" He says and looks back to Spina. "I won't lose to her. Not a second time."

Hesitantly, Chaeyu nods. "You'd better be okay, okay?!" She shouts and starts to run up the stairs with Mecha, trying her best not to look back.

Damien said nothing in response, only reaching his arm out and giving a thumbs up.

"You really think they can beat Master Nome?" Spina asked with a chuckle.

"I don't think so. I know they can." He replied, making Spina scoff out of mockery.

"Stand up!"

"Stand up, my!"

"Vanguard!"

"Minimum Carno!"

"Arboros Dragon, Ratoon!" Damien calls, and draws before Spina could call the shots. "I ride Budding Permenance, Grajiorl Dragon! I draw and check the top seven cards of my deck for a Grajiorl Dragon." Unlike Nanu and Nina, Damien knew it would be trouble if he gave Spina the chance to reach her "R" card, so he intended to push, and push hard. "No target. But I call a Plant Token now. I end my turn."

"Hmph. I draw. I ride, True Ancient Dragon, Pterafeed! Draw again, then attack!"

"Guard!" Damien blocks the attack with a Critical Trigger he drew earlier, making it impossible for Spina to hit.

"Drive check!" Spina checks the top card. "Front Trigger. Tsk... I end my turn."

"Called it..." Damien smiles and draws for his turn. "I ride Eternal Stability, Grajiorl Dragon! Her skill, check the top seven cards and add a Grajiorl Dragon to my hand." Damien, once again, doesn't grab one, even though there was a target right there. "Instead, I call a Plant Token with 10k power. I move up my other Plant and attack your Vanguard!" Damien starts to get offensive, aiming for three attacks in one turn, should everything work out.

"I guard." Spina protects herself from the first attack with a Babyrex. She obviously didn't want to take too much damage too early in the game, and while she wanted to keep the Babyrex, she couldn't really use anything else. The rest of her hand was Spinodriver, Spinodriver "R", a Front Trigger, Aloneros, and that Babyrex. If she guarded with Aloneros, she wouldn't be able to ride, and using a Front Trigger to block an attack from a 10k power Token would be stupid.

"Grajiorl Dragon attacks!" Damien keeps the pressure on, as Spina looks at her hand again.

"I guard!" She declares, throwing down the Front Trigger.

"Drive Check...! Got it, a Critical Trigger! All effects to my standing Plant Token! Then attack. 20k with 2 critical!"

"No guard...!" Spina growls, taking two damage from this attack. "First check. No trigger. Second check. Front Trigger." She sighs.

"I end my turn." Damien declares, standing straight.

"I draw." Spina looks at what she drew. A Heal Trigger. If she had taken the first attack, she'd be in the same situation as she is in now. "Then, I ride True Ancient Dragon, Aloneros! His skill, counter blast and call an Ancient Dragon from the top three cards of my deck! Call Babyrex!" While she did end up getting a Babyrex on the board, she debated on putting it in the front row, or behind her Vanguard. She decided it would be best to match Damien's energy, and push, so she placed it on the top right rearguard circle. Seeing this, Damien smiled a bit. "I attack with Aloneros!" She declares.