Chapter 12: Hoshi's Fight

The match of Fukuhara High vs Hitsue High ended in Fukuhara's win, won by Nina Ovettsi. And the next match was Hoshi's to win. With momentum in Fukuhara's favor, Hoshi steps out onto the fight stage against her opponent, Shiro Barley, Saikoa's twin sister (Don't ask why I have so many twins characters). Hoshi shuffles her deck and places it in front of her.

The tournament is simple. A best out of three per round. Both teams must send out different fighters every round. Each team is comprised of a Captain, a Secondary, and an Anchor. The Captain leaders the teams and decides who will fight. The secondary follows orders on whether the Captain wants to fight first, or themselves. And the Anchor is the most important part of the team. If teams are tied, the Anchors of both teams step out onto the fighting field to decide who will move on.

"Sorry in advance. But I don't plan on losing." Shiro says, also ready.

"Neither do I. Because for me... I CANNOT lose to you!" Hoshi shouts. "Stand up!"

"Stand up!"

"Vanguard!"

In this massive stadium, a miraculous invention known as the Gears System allows the spectators and fighters to actually see the units standing and resting behind the fighters! "Dragwizard, Rute!" Hoshi calls out.

"Solar Maiden, Uzume!" Shiro uses the Oracle Think Tank clan, and Hoshi uses the Shadow Paladin clan.

"I'll go first. I draw." Hoshi takes the first move as decided by MC Miya. "I ride Cherishing Knight, Branwen. Her skill, search the top five cards of my deck for a Grade 3 and add it to my hand." Hoshi adds Fianna to her hand and discards a card from her hand. "I draw from Rute's skill too. I end my turn."

"I draw. I ride Divine Sword, Ame-no-Murakumo. His skill is the same as your Branwen's." Shiro looks at the top five cards of her deck, adds her ace card, then discards a card. "Attack."

"Guard." Hoshi already protects herself against the first attack with a Critical Trigger in her hand.

"Drive check. Critical Trigger. I end my turn."

"I draw, and ride Witch of Reality, Femme. I activate her skill. Soul blast to force you to call two Grade 0 units from your drop zone to your field. But since you don't have any, she gets +1 Drive instead. Attack with Femme." Hoshi swings in.

"No guard." Shiro says.

"Twin Drive Check! The first. Critical Trigger! The second! Critical Trigger! All effects to Femme!" Hoshi exclaims and hits Shiro with three damage right off the bat.

"Seriously...?!" Shiro groans, and starts her turn. "I draw and ride Battle Sister, Trifle! Her skill, when she's placed, I look at the top three cards of my deck to call a Battle Sister from among them! Call Battle Sister, Macaron! Macaron's skill, she gets 10k power when I look at cards from my deck at all this turn! Macaron attacks!"

"No guard. Damage. No Trigger."

"Attack with Vanguard Trifle!"

"No guard."

"Drive Check! No trigger." Shiro sighs as Hoshi gets a Draw Trigger, letting her draw another card. "I end my turn."

"I draw." Hoshi grabs her ace card from her hand. "The beautiful witch in the forest steps out onto the stage... Be careful, for she may put a hex on you if she so pleases! Come, my Avatar! Mesmerizing Witch, Fianna!"

Hoshi's ace appears onto the field from a dark cloud of mysterious gas, flashing a cocky smile to her opponent and standing behind Hoshi.

"I call Productive Witch, Neness, Skull Witch Nemain, and Black Winged Swordbreaker! Swordbreaker's skill, I counter blast and draw a card. If I called her from my hand, she gets 3000 power. I call another Black Winged Swordbreaker! Her skill! I draw again! I activate Neness's skill to rest three rearguards to allow us both to either counter charge or soul charge. I choose to soul charge." Hoshi says and soul charges.