Chapter 31: Eternal Rivals

"Nina...?"

Nina was silent for a bit. She sighs, looks down at him. "I'm sorry, Nanu. I...wasn't strong enough." She said.

Nanu looks up at her, his eyes both hurt and filled with understanding. "I know... But don't worry. I'll snap you out of it. I swear it!" He says and flashes his deck forward.

"If you think I'm gonna let you win, then I'm sorry to disappoint. As much as I don't want to be Reversed, I don't really have a choice in the matter." Nina says and does the same motion Nanu does.

"I wouldn't have it any other way... You may be Reversed, but that doesn't change a thing to me. Nina is Nina. So let's have some fun!" He declares.

"Hah... You never change, even in this dangerous situation... If Mecha didn't have her eyes on you already, I probably would've..." Nina went silent, and shook her head. "No... Now isn't the time for that..." She mutters and sets up her cards. Nanu does the same. "Ready?"

"Ready."

"Stand up! My!"

"Stand up! La!"

"VANGUARD!!"

"Happiness Collector!"

"First Aid Celestial, Peniel."

"Would you like to go first? Since, you know...Reverse card?" Nanu asked.

"Alright then. I draw. Then I ride Spine Celestial, Jophiel. I draw with Peniel's skill, then end my turn." Nina puts out a modest start.

"I draw, and ride Amusing Bunny. With his skill, I check the top seven cards of my deck and add a Beast Tamer to my hand. I add Klorina." While he did reveal a Golden Beast Tamer in that check, he thought it be best to leave that for later, as to not clutter his hand. "I attack with Amusing Bunny."

"I don't guard. Damage check. Draw Trigger. I draw a card and give power to Jophiel. Draw for turn." Nina takes her turn next. "I ride Black Mapping, Salaphiel. Jophiel's skill, when she's rode upon, I can swap a card from my hand and damage." Nina adds her Draw Sentinel to her hand, then places another Salaphiel into her damage zone. "Using Salaphiel's skill, I soul blast and heal my damage, then deal myself a damage. I got a Critical Trigger. I give all effects to Salaphiel. Then I attack."

"No guard." Nanu calls.

"Drive check. Heal Trigger. I heal a damage."

"Damage checks. No triggers."

"I end my turn." Nina says, and immediately gets weary.

"C'mon, Nina. I thought our rules were one damage per turn?" Nanu chuckles.

"Not my fault I checked a Crit. Skill issue." She grins at him. "Besides, you're about to multi attack this turn anyway."

Nanu lets out an offended gasp. "You did not...! I draw." Nanu takes his turn. "I ride Bunny's Beast Tamer Assistant, Klorina! Then I call Midnight Bunny, and Amusing Bunny! Klorina now gets Twin Drive since I have a total of three Grade 1 Bunnies on my field and in my soul. Now I attack with Klorina! Midnight's skill, I soul charge! Then Klorina's skill! I place a card from my hand into my soul to call a Grade 2 or lower card from my soul! I call Miss Direction!"

"I won't guard that." Nina declares.

"Twin Drive! No Trigger. Second check! Critical Trigger! Critical to Klorina, power to Miss Direction!"

"Damage. Draw Trigger. I draw and give power to Salaphiel on Vanguard. Second check. No Trigger."

"Miss Direction with support from Amusing Bunny!"