You Again

"What did you just say?!" Risa exclaimed the moment her best friend, Leni told her what happened at the bar last week.

Leni was alarmed, "Ano ka ba, yung boses mo hinaan mo naman." They were inside the university where they teach.

Risa sighed, "My god! Paano ko hihinaan ang boses ko kung may kagagahan kang ginawa last week?! Ang sabi ko mag enjoy ka para makalimutan mo sandala yung problema mo. Hindi ko naman inexpect na yung enjoy pala for you ay makipag-sex sa hindi mo naman kilala." She ranted.

"Eh lasing nga ako nun, Ris. Saka dinala ako somewhere. He's drunk too plus malungkot din sya." Leni rebutted.

"So ano dahil pareho kayong malungkot, nagsex nalang kayo ganon ba yun?! Ayusin mo nga yang sarili mo Lens." Risa rolled her eyes. She cannot believe Leni would do such, they were best friends since college and she was too innocent and sweet to engage in that particular scenario.

Leni sighed. She cannot believe that she just did that too. She felt disappointed with herself even more.

"What if he got you pregnant, sige nga?" Risa said.

Leni frowned, "OA mo naman! Buntis agad?! It won't happen ano ka ba! Knock on wood." She knocked on her table which is made of wood.

"What if lang nga!" Risa insisted. "Ano gagawin mo?"

Leni thought about it for a while, she didn't know what to answer for a moment, "I honestly don't know, Ris. Wala talaga yan sa isip ko. I was drunk and sad, that's it. Reasons has left me that night." She said sadly, "Plus, he proposed to me."

"What?!" Risa stood up in complete shock. "Propose? As in marriage proposal?!"

Another person entered the teacher's lounge, "Anong meron? Sino ikakasal?" It was Kit.

"Ha?" Leni was rattled. She don't want Kit to know. "Wala, wala. Bakit? Nagkukwentuhan lang kami ni Risa about dun sa um ano, ano nga yun, Ris?"

"Sa ano, series na napanood ko kagabi." Risa saved Leni.

"What about it?" Kit sat down at Leni's table, ready to hear what was the series about.

"Naku! Ayaw naman namin i-spoil yung series. Panuorin mo nalang when you have spare time." Risa slightly dismissed him.

"Okay then! Message nyo saakin kung anong title para hindi ko makalimutan." Kit chuckled.

Risa nodded. "Teka, bakit ka nga pala nandito?"

Kit remembered why he was there, "Itatanong ko sana kung kumain na kayo? Sabay na tayo mag lunch."

"Itatanong mo kung kumain na kami or itatanong mo kung kumain na si Leni?" Risa teased.

Leni frowned at Risa.

"O bakit? Gusto ko lang naman malaman. Baka kasi mamaya sumama ako sainyo tapos ako pa makasira ng date nyo. Saka ayaw ko maging third wheel." Risa crossed her arms.

Kit chuckled, "Ano ka ba, sumama ka na nga. Dami mo pang sinasabi eh."

"Ay naku! Huwag na, kayo nalang dalawa ni Leni." Risa said walking towards the exit of the lounge, "Lagyan nyo na ng label yan."

Kit and Leni chuckled. They soon went out for lunch.

---

Sally, Leni's mother always make sure the she's calling Leni to know if she's okay or what she's up to. Leni's family is originally from Bicol Region, in Naga City specifically. After high school, Leni passed the UPCAT and took AB Economics. Her father, Naga City Regional Trial Court Judge Antonio Gerona wanted his daughter to follow his footsteps and become a lawyer. Leni wanted it too but after graduation, she decided to apply for a teaching position at Peña de Francia University where she was hired as an Econ I instructor under Social Sciences Department. As Leni teaches in a private university, she started to pursue her dreams to become a lawyer so she enrolled in law school. After finishing law school, she decided to review for the bar immediately. Unfortunately, she failed during her first take.