High Infidelity

"After natin mag travel need ko na mag focus sa review, dy. Ilang months nalang magbabar na." Leni shared as they settled themselves in bed one night.

"Kailan nga ang bar? In 4 months diba?" He asked as he pulled her closer to him.

She nodded. "Yes. Mag susubmit na ako ng application bukas."

He nodded. "I know you can do it, ba. I'll support you all the way. Just tell me what you need."

She smiles at him lovingly. "Thanks, daddy."

He cupped her face and stare at her like she's the most precious thing that ever existed. "Whatever you need, ba. I'm willing to give you everything. Everything. I love you so much. I love you and Cookie."

She kissed him sweetly. "Cookie loves you big time."

---

Leni has a 3-day seminar together with all the faculty members of the university. Luckily, their venue is the hotel across Bongbong's office. They agreed to use the same car going to the venue before he went into his building.

"Hello, ba?" Bongbong called his wife at 12 noon.

"Yes daddy?" Leni answered in just three rings.

"Kumain ka na?" He asked.

"Oo na. Kanina pang 11:30. Bakit?"

"Grabe ka naman! Hindi mo man lang tinanong ang asawa mo kung kumain na ba." He pouted.

She chuckled. "Aba malay ko sayo. Kumain ka kung hindi ka pa kumakain dahil alas dose na. Baka mamaya kasalanan ko pa kung magkasakit ka."

"Grabe ka talaga saakin. Hinintay ko tawag mo kung maglulunch na tayo eh. Magpapalibre sana ako sayo." He pouted.

She laughed on the other line. "Hay naku! Halika na nga dito. Dito ka na kumain kasi may pa-buffet dito."

He laughed too. "Grabe tong asawa ko! Talagang libre kung libre. I was expecting na ililibre mo ako sa restaurant, talagang dyan mo ako papakainin."

"Dami mong arte. Halika na dito, mag rerequest ako ng another set of utensils. Bilisan mo na."

"Ito na po, boss. Lalabas na."

"Puro kasi landi. Hindi ka nyan mabubusog."

They laughed before ending the call. Bongbong told Charity that he's going to the hotel across the building where Leni is. He said he's going to take his lunch there. Cha just followed him carrying his phones, wallet, and golf umbrella as they cross the road.

"Grasya?" He was surprised to see his best friend the moment he entered the lobby.

"Bonget?" Grace looked like she saw a ghost. "Um I was just ano— what are you doing here?" She stammered.

He frowned. "What are you doing here?" He emphasized.

"Nag lunch." She said.

"With whom?" He asked further. Something's not right with her being in the same building. He can sense it in her eyes.

"Ha? Um I met some friends lang. Paalis na din ako actually." She managed to answer properly. "Ikaw? Why are you here? Pupuntahan mo si Leni?"

He nodded. "Yeah actually. Dito din ako maglulunch."

She nodded. "Oh okay. Sige mauna na ako. Please say hi to Leni for me."

He nodded. They hugged before they separate ways. He just shook his head, she seems weird, he thought. Cha pressed the button going up, after a few minutes, they reached the function hall of the hotel. Everyone recognized him the moment he set foot inside. He approached the usherette assigned at the registration table, "Hi! I'm looking for Mrs. Leni Marcos. Social Sciences Department —"