sa susunod na habang buhay

"Next week, ikakasal na ako." Leni uttered before she goes down from Kit's car. They're already in front of her apartment building.

Kit smiled at her weakly. "And the wedding is happening in the US. Ang layo naman, paano ako makaka-object nyan pag nagtanong na ang pari kung sino ang tututol?"

She chuckled. "Baliw ka talaga! Pero invited ka naman eh and I want you to be there."

He clicked his tongue. "Huwag na. Baka mas lalo lang lumakas ang loob ko na itakas ka. Mas malaking gulo yun kung sakali."

She sighed. She knows it's true. The wedding must happen solely because Bongbong and her parents wanted it to happen. It's basically protecting their respective family images.

"Basta pag-isipan mo pa rin. I want you to be there besides magkaibigan naman tayo." She said and bid her goodbye.

---

Bongbong couldn't sleep well ever since he found out about the baby. He didn't know what to do. He initially wanted to deny it but then, his mom heard everything forcing him to marry the woman he doesn't love. He knew it's his fault, he remembered the night he spent time with Leni. He was broken and drunk that night because Louise dump his marriage proposal and Leni was having a breakdown too because of failing the bar. He just wanted to have fun but it turned out to be a nightmare.

He spends his time in his office thinking of ways how to escape his current situation. He already accepted that the wedding will happen, his mom was on top of everything so he just thought of divorcing Leni as soon as the baby come out. After all, his mom wanted the baby and to protect their family image. He also didn't inform Louise about what's happening in the Philippines. He thought what's the point of telling her when he's going to divorce Leni after a year.

He decided to went out from his hotel room. It's already 12 midnight but he cannot sleep. He only have few hours left before the wedding. He stroll outside to get a few drinks maybe, he just wanted to clear his mind. Suddenly, he was taken aback by what he saw inside the café across the road. It's Leni with another man. He saw her smiling and laughing for the first time. The way she looked and listened to to the other person got him thinking, so he decided to wore his cap and face mask and entered the café. He ordered an espresso macchiato and sat near Leni's table so he could hear what they're talking about.

"I'm so glad you're here." Leni beamed. "Hindi talaga ako makatulog."

Kit smiled at her, "Hindi kita matiis eh. Malakas ka saakin kaya here I am."

Leni giggled. "Ilang oras nalang ikakasal na ako. Hindi ako makapaniwala. Kinakabahan ako, iniisip ko tama ba 'tong gagawin ko?"

Kit held Leni's hands, "Ikaw lang makakasagot nyan, Lens. Basta always remember na nandito lang ako. Kung pwede ko ngang akuin yang bata eh ginawa ko na."

Leni blushed. "Wag ka nga!"

Kit giggled. "O bakit? Willing ako to take the responsibility. Mamahalin ko sya na parang sarili kong anak, and I'll marry you kahit saang simbahan pa yan."

Leni suddenly became emotional, she wished she ended up with Kit.

Kit became worried after seeing her teary eyed. "Hey hey, wag ka naman umiyak baka isipin ng mga tao dito inaaway kita."

She laughed. "Ikaw kasi eh." She wiped her tears using her handkerchief.

Kit kissed the back of her hands, "Sa susunod na habang buhay, Leni."

---

It was a sunny day. Everyone was busy with roaming around. His mom was telling him how excited she was and that she's ready to be a grandmother. Aimee was just like his mom, too excited for what's happening while Imee was just doing it for compliance, she doesn't really care.