Midnights

"Ayaw ko maulit 'to ha!" Imelda scolded Bongbong and Leni who's sitting beside each other at their mansion's living room. "Hindi na kayo mga bata. Mag-asawa na kayo baka nakakalimutan nyo? May anak na kayong dalawa kaya kung ano man yang problema nyo, you better start working it out dahil ayaw kong lumabas ang apo ko na walang magulang." She continued. She instructed Bongbong to bring Leni home to their mansion because she wanted to talk to both of them. "Naiintindihan nyo ba ako?"

Bongbong and Leni nodded. "Opo, mommy."

Imelda felt relieved. "Kung hindi nyo kayang i-work out yang problema nyo, kukunin ko ang apo ko sainyong dalawa. Ako mag-aalaga."

Leni and Bongbong were alarmed that their heads looked up to see if Imelda was serious about it, and she's not joking.

Later that evening after Imelda's scolding, Bongbong and Leni went home to their condo. Manong Rey still driving them and condo staff helped Leni carry all her stuff up until their unit. She thanked everybody before locking the door. She sighed upon seeing the condo once again. It feels lonely. She started to unpack some of her things from her luggage.

Bongbong who's from the kitchen with his sparkling water saw her, "Um do you want me to help you?"

She halted, did she hear it right? She looked up to him. "What was that?"

He swallowed a lump on his throat. "If you want me to help you, I can help."

She frowned. "No. Kaya ko na 'to." 

He was shocked. He didn't expect that. "Oh um okay." He stammered. "Um sige, pasok na ako." He waited for her to nod or look at him or anything to acknowledge him, but she just didn't care. She just mind her stuff. He sighed and just walked inside his room.

---

Leni wasn't there again.

Bongbong became anxious upon seeing the couch empty once again. He tried to scratch his eyes waking himself up, maybe he's just dreaming but no, she wasn't there. Her MacBook wasn't there too. He went near the couch to see if her luggage and other stuff was still there, and yes, it's there. He heaved a sigh of relief.

"Boss?" He heard a familiar voice.

He frowned and went to the kitchen. He saw Charity at the kitchen island eating her breakfast. He knew Leni made it. "Where's Leni?" He asked, he didn't saw her in the kitchen either.

Cha swallowed her food before speaking. "Umalis na po mga 15 minutes ago. Maaga daw po sya today."

He frowned. "Bakit daw anong meron sa campus?"

Charity shrugged. "Ay hindi ko po natanong eh. Basta nung dumating po ako dito katatapos nya lang mag ayos tapos pinakain nya na ako. Nagmamadali po eh, mukhang may sundo yata si Ma'am."

"Sundo? Sino?" He had one person in mind though he just wanted to make sure.

"Hindi ko po alam. Hindi ko po natanong." Cha said. "Gusto nyo po tawagan ko si Ma'am?"

"No no. Okay lang." He declined. Cha nodded and proceeded to her meal. He checked what's in her plate— garlic rice, egg, spam. He searched for his but it wasn't there on the table.

"Nasaan pagkain ko?" He asked, standing in front of the dining table where Leni used to serve his breakfast.

"Wala po nilagay dyan si Ma'am." Cha spoke. "Ito lang po binigay nya." Talking about her plate.

"So ikaw may breakfast tapos ako wala?!" He cannot believe it.

Cha just shrugged. She knew that tone of voice all too well so she didn't bother to answer anymore.