Irene

A/N: I love Kit soo much huhu mas nasaktan ako while writing the previous chapter. Feeling ko sya nalang dapat makatuluyan ni Leni lol

---

Leni went home in Naga on a Friday night via bus. She already informed her parents that she already talked to Bongbong's family over dinner. Sally and Antonio are relieved, they would also love to meet Bongbong's mom. They were informed that Bongbong's dad already passed away so all of Bongbong's sisters are coming to Naga to finalize the wedding.

It's Sunday already, Leni was informed by her soon mother in law that they've finally landed in Naga City. Minutes later, they arrived at Leni's house in Magsaysay. Sally immediately welcomed them to their house. Leni introduced them to one another.

"Kumusta naman ang byahe nyo?" Sally asked. They were already seated at the dining area for lunch.

Imelda smiled, "Okay naman balae. Oh! Can I call you balae now?" She giggled.

Sally beamed at Imelda's gesture. "Yes yes, of course. Parang kailangan na natin i-practice kasi malapit na din naman ang kasal ng mga anak natin."

Imelda nodded. "Speaking of, I think we should talk about the wedding. Gusto ko sana makasal na ang mga anak natin in three weeks."

Bongbong halted. He thinks it's too soon. "Mom, don't you think it's too soon?"

Leni looked at his expression. She knew that he doesn't want any of this. She suddenly felt guilty.

"No anak. I think sakto lang. Para hindi pa malaki ang tyan ni Leni." Imelda argued. "I mean ayaw naman siguro ni Leni maglakad papuntang altar na malaki ang tyan diba? It's not a picture perfect."

Sally and Antonio nodded. "I'm okay with that. Basta ang importante saakin makasal ang anak ko." Antonio said.

"Sa tingin ko mas mabuti nga para naman makapag-focus si Leni sa pregnancy nya after." Sally said. "Kaya lang balae ang concern ko lang is kaya ba ma prepare ang wedding in 3 weeks?"

"Yes naman balae!" Imelda said. "Don't worry, I already hired the wedding organizers. Sila na rin bahala maghanap ng mga suppliers. Basta ang sabi ko lang, I want this wedding to be perfect. Money isn't a problem."

"Mom, let's ask Leni if she has preference. It's her wedding anyway." Irene interrupt. She knew that her mom is always extra and didn't want simple.

They all looked at Leni.

"Um gusto ko po sana yung simple lang na kasal." Leni uttered. "Pero kayo po kung ano pong gusto nyo."

"Perfect!" Imelda cheered. "Let's go along with my plan."

"I want to get married in the US." Bongbong said.

---

Bongbong was inside his office when his door suddenly opened. He was startled. "God! You're gonna kill me! What are you doing here?"

It was Irene. "Nothing. Napadalaw lang because I had lunch with my friends near the building." She giggled and sat down the couch.

He shook his head and continue with his paperwork.

She observed him from she's seated. She's probably the closest sibling of Bongbong so she wanted to check him especially now that he's gonna enter another chapter of his life. She cleared her throat. "So, how's the wedding preparation going on? Nagkausap na ba kayo ni Mommy kung saan talaga ang wedding?"

He sighed and looked at her. "I haven't talk to Mom. Hindi ko alam kung pinaparusahan nya ba ako or talagang excited sya sa magiging apo nya. I mean, she's been in charge ever since she knew about the baby. Wala na akong say sa lahat ng bagay sa buhay ko. She didn't even ask me kung gusto ko bang magpakasal."

Irene chuckled. She knew how much their mom can be too much sometimes. "I think she's genuinely happy with the news like we all know that she's been asking for grandchildren for years now kaya lang hindi ko naman ineexpect na ganito ang gagawin mo. I mean, I expected you and Louise will settle down and have kids in the near future. Pero wala eh, may nabuntis ka ng iba. And you know parents, kasal agad ang next step when their children gets pregnant or got someone pregnant."

He sighed. "I just wished hindi ito ang nangyari to be honest. I'm not ready for this, Irene."

She frowned. "You already proposed to Louise tapos ngayon sasabihin mo you're not ready?"

"I'm ready to be with Louise. I am ready to be married to her and have kids and grow old together. That's the future I want. That's the future I planned." He said.

"Wala eh. Nabuntis mo na si Leni and alam na ni mommy and the wedding's gonna happen in three weeks." Irene shrugged.

He sighed. "Hindi ko rinalam kung paano ko sasabihin kay Louise ito."

Irene frowned. "What do you mean? I thought you two broken up—"

He looked at her meaningfully. Her eyes widen upon realizing something.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed. "Hindi pa kayo break ni Louise?!"

He nodded. "Yeah. We're still together."

"That's why you wanted to get married in US? To avoid the media, para hindi malaman ni Louise and to easily get divorced?!" Irene realized the whole story.

"Yes." He nodded. "Please don't tell mom."

Irene cannot believe what she's hearing. "Oh god, Bongbong! You have to tell Louise! And once you did that and mom knew that it's your plan all along, tingin mo ba ituturing ka pa din nyang anak nya? Mag-isip ka nga!"

"That's why sa'yo ko sinabi because I trust you." He uttered.

She breathed heavily in exasperation. "And now you're guilt tripping me?!"

"What? No!" He denied. "I'm telling the truth. Walang-wala na akong mapagsabihan, Irene. I want to be with Louise."

---

Bongbong decided to visit his mom at their mansion during lunchtime. He saw her talking to someone at the spot where she usually drink her tea with her friends. He frowned when he saw her scanning some catalogues for what it seems to be a wedding reception.

"Mom?" He uttered.

Imelda turned her back, she beamed when she saw him. "Bonget! Tamang-tama nandito ka. You can review some pictures of wedding reception. Maraming magaganda dito, I also texted Leni na pumunta dito kaya lang she still has class daw."

Bongbong sighed. "Mom, can we talk for a second."

Imelda frowned, she didn't know what else to talk about but she agreed anyway. She excused herself and went inside with Bongbong.

"What is it? May preference ka ba or nag-usap na ba kayo ni Leni? We have to hurry things. I already told Leni na mag leave na from work. I mean, she's going to be a Marcos soon meaning she's going to own the university too." Imelda said.

"Mom, can you slow down?" He asked.

She frowned. "Why? What's happening? May nangyari ba kay Leni?"

"No no. I haven't talk to her." He uttered. "What I mean is the wedding preparation. Can we slow it down? I'm here to talk to you about what I want. I wanna get married in the US."

"But why?" She almost exclaimed.

Bongbong couldn't think of a huge reason why. His mom couldn't know what's his true intentions. "Because Leni wants a simple wedding."

"But she said ako na daw bahala—"

He cut his mom off. "Yes that's what she said, pero gusto nya ng simple lang mom. And I want it too. I want it to be intimate as much as possible, yung family and closest friends lang. I'm sure that's what Leni want too."

Imelda think of for a while. She thought of the stress of wedding preparation plus Leni's in her first trimester so she thought it would be better to agree on her son's proposal. "Okay. Fine. We'll go to US. Ang importante naman saakin ay makasal kayo ni Leni."

He smiled and hugged his mom. "Thank you, mom."

To be continued...

💖❤️