Say Don't Go

It's already 2:18 am but Leni still couldn't sleep. She was sitting on the bed, reading. Suddenly, the door swung opened.

"Oh my god!" She gasped.

It was Bongbong who's obviously drunk.

"Why are you here?!" She closed her book and put it on the bedside table.

"Hi baba!" He walked towards the bed and dropped his body beside her.

"Oh god!" She didn't know what to do. "Hoy! Get up! You're not supposed to be here!!!"

"Hmm" He muttered, he's too drunk to even know what's happening.

Leni grunted. "Marcos! Dun ka na sa labas!"

"Hmm" He murmured.

"Hoy!" Leni tapped his shoulder aiming to wake him up. "Bakit ka ba kasi lasing na lasing?! Jusko naman!"

"Sorry" He uttered. Eyes still closed.

"Sino kasama mo uminom?!" She was obviously irritated.

He tried to open his eyes to look at her. "Chiz, Win, Migz."

She clicked her tongue. "Saan kayo uminom? Saan kayo pumunta?"

"Wala. Dun lang." He replied.

"Saan nga?!" She demanded.

"Manila Polo Club." He answered sleepily.

She clicked her tongue. "Anong oras ka pumunta dun? Sino ibang kasama nyo?"

"Hmm? Di ko na alam ba." He was trying to sleep but she keep on asking him.

"Hindi mo alam kung sino ibang kasama nyo dun?!" She was getting impatient. She cannot get a decent answer.

"Kami lang." He murmured.

"Bakit hindi mo alam kung anong oras ka pumunta dun?!" She was gagging gim. "Bakit ka uminom ng ganyan?! Hindi ka man lang nag-iisip kung anong oras ka makakauwi or kung sino kasama mo dun—"

"Chiz and Geline broke up, ba." He uttered, eyes still closed.

"What?!" She gasped.

"Chiz and Geline broke—"

She cut him off. "I heard! But what?!"

"Yeah." He whispered.

"Why?!" She exclaimed.

"Antok na 'ko, baba—"

"Bakit nga sila nag break?!" She tapped his arm.

"Aww!" He rubbed his arm.

"Bakit nga?! I thought they're married already?! Engaged na sila three years ago diba?" She asked, curious of the sudden news. She just saw Geline last time when they had dinner.

"Geline, uh, didn't want to get married na." He answered lazily.

She frowned. "Bakit daw?"

"Bukas nalang, ba. Antok na talaga—"

She cut him off, tapping his arm again. "Bakit nga?! Nakakainis naman 'to! Patutulugin kita sa labas, dun sa hallway."

He clicked his tongue. He just wanted to get some rest. He was just drinking the whole night while listening to Chiz. "Geline got an offer in Paris. Modeling stuff. Ayaw nya magpakasal because it's a 5-year contract—"

"Bakit kasi hindi na sila nagpakasal dati? Diba matagal na silang engaged?" She asked again.

He slowly opened his eyes, she was surprised when she realized that he's already teary. "They postponed the wedding because of what happened to Cookie."