Pregnancy Hormones

Bongbong was forced to go to the office because of backlogs and important meetings since he cannot attend to some of it ever since Leni got hospitalized. He's exhausted in everything he sees in his table. He has to meet a lot of deadlines and meet a lot of people. He sighed.

A knock interrupted him.

It was Irene.

He saw the starbucks paper bag that she brought. "Oh god! I need coffee." He exclaimed.

She chuckled, putting the paper bag on the table. "I brought some pastries too."

He started to drink his coffee. "Oh god! I really need this!"

She laughed. "Puyat ka?" She knew that he's been staying at the hospital for days now.

"Halos hindi na ako natutulog. Minsan nakakalimutan ko na maligo at mag bihis eh." He said.

"Pero lalabas na si Leni sa hospital diba?" Irene said. Bongbong nodded. "OA naman kasi ni Mommy! Pina-admit nya pa si Leni eh okay na nga daw. Mas magaling pa sya kesa sa mga doctors."

He chuckled. "You know Mommy, hindi yun magpapatalo. She's that extra."

They laugh.

"Kaya lang I have a problem." He confided.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Leni wanted to stay at Risa's for her to get rest." He said.

She frowned. "Why? Hindi ba comfortable sa condo nyo?"

He shrugged. "She didn't want to share a bed with me daw so hindi sya makakapag-rest ng maayos."

"Edi buy another bed!" Irene said. She's quite amazed by how Bongbong cared for Leni now.

Bongbong just looked at her. She knew he needed help. "I know someone na may ari ng sikat na furniture shop. It's Filipino made so Leni will love it. Mommy said na Leni likes Pinoy products."

---

Leni was slowly walking around her private hospital room. She's going home today so she's starting to pack all her stuff into one bag. She's going home to Risa's apartment so she's waiting for Risa and Kit to arrive to fetch her. She's excited to go home after almost a week of being stuck in the hospital. She's been feeling sick in some days, always felt exhausted, and craving for something. But the doctors said it's part of her pregnancy since she's in her most crucial period. She just acknowledge it and promise herself that she's going to take care of the little human inside her.

The door suddenly swung open after a few minutes, Leni turned to see who it was expecting to see Kit and Risa, but it was Bongbong and Cha. She frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"Let's go? Let's get you home." He declared. Charity started to carry her bags and some stuff.

Leni frowned. "Ha? What do you mean? Kila Risa ako uuwi diba? Papunta sya dito para sunduin ako kasama si Kit."

He glared at her. "Seriously?! Nagpasundo ka kay Belmonte?"

Leni nodded. "Oo bakit? Sya ang may kotse eh. Saka ano bang ginagawa mo dito, office hours ngayon diba? You're supposed to be busy."

"Bawal na ba akong pumunta dito at sunduin ka kahit office hours? Besides, I owned the company. I am the boss, so I can go wherever I want." He remarked. "Halika ka na, umuwi na tayo."

Charity entered with some hospital staff to assist them. They brought wheelchair for Leni too. "Settle ko lang po hospital bill." Cha said.

"Magshe-share ako sa bill—"

Bongbong interrupted Leni. "Huwag na. Cha will handle it. Halika na, uuwi na tayo."

"Susunduin ka nga ako nina Kit—"

"No!" Bongbong interrupted her once again. "Hindi ka susunduin ni Belmonte kasi ako ang susundo sa'yo. Saakin ka uuwi."

"Marcos, diba nga sabi ko bed rest—"

Bongbong kept on interrupting her. "I know. And I'm willing to give you that. I'm willing to provide you comfort and anything you want, so please makinig ka muna saakin. Get in the wheelchair so we can go home."

Leni was speechless. She didn't see that coming. She was left with no choice but to obey him. She get into the wheelchair and he pushed her quietly. They were both silent after that small argument.

Leni saw Manong Rey get out of an unfamiliar vehicle. He opened the door for them. She frowned. "Bago 'to?"

"Yeah." Bongbong said. It was a white customized grandia van.

Leni was amazed upon seeing inside. There were customized chairs that can be reclined flatly, one chair for baby car seat, one intended for people who's in a wheelchair. She noticed that there were two doors also.

"Ganda naman nito." Leni praised.

Bongbong smiled. "This is customized for you."

Leni's eyes bulged. "Bumili ka ng van and have it customized for me?"

He was caught off guard. "Huh? I mean, for the ano, for the baby. It's customized for the baby." He clarified.

Leni just nodded. It's just fitting because it has a baby car seat. She likes it. The baby likes it.

Cha just smirked at the back after watching Bongbong and Leni.

Minutes passed and they've finally reached their building. Manong Rey entered the VIP parking lot for them to unload properly. Cha carried all of Leni's stuff while Bongbong pushed Leni's wheelchair.

"I have a surprise for you." Bongbong said.

Leni frowned. "Ano?"

"Pasok ka sa kwarto." He instructed.

Leni frowned. She stood up from the wheelchair slowly and walked towards his bedroom. She's curious of what he's up to. She opened the door and saw two separate beds, a nice couch, the other side of the bookshelf was empty, vanity mirror, and an office table. She turned around to see him. She was flabbergasted.

He smiled. "You like it?"

"Is this for me?" She asked.

He nodded. "You may check the walk in closet too. Pinayos ko yung mga gamit ko so that you can have your space too."

She beamed at him. She was thinking about hugging him but she just cannot do that. "May lagnat ka ba?" She chuckled.

"Why?" He frowned.

"Cha, may lagnat ba 'tong boss mo?" Leni asked Charity who's unpacking Leni's bag.

Cha chuckled. She knew what Leni meant. "Normal temp naman po sya today maam."

"Why?" Bongbong was a bit impatient already.

Leni laughed so hard upon seeing him mad. "Wala naman. Ang bait mo kasi eh. Hindi ako sanay na ganyan ka. Feeling ko nilalagnat ka lang."

He rolled his eyes. "Not funny."

Leni laughed hard. She was turning red and tearing up. "Now you're being funny. Yung mukha mo sobrang nakakatawa."

"Your laugh is so ridiculous." He rolled his eyes.

She just continued to laugh at him. "It's pregnancy hormones."

To be continued...

💖❤️