Out of the Woods

Leni went out from her room at 2am, she's with her pills again. She just cannot sleep. As she walked to get water, she suddenly heard crackles on the door. She suddenly felt nervous.

She subconsciously looked for Bongbong but realized that he wasn't home yet. Where the hell are you, Ferdinand!

She ran to get her phone inside the room, she can hear the repeated attempts to open the door, keying in the code. She continues to search for Bongbong's number but she totally forgot his name on her contacts. Then, the door swung opened.

Leni's eyes bulged. Her heart dropped.

"Ferdinand?" She called after seeing a body on her doorstep. She slowly, silently walked towards the man and yes, it was her husband.

"Huy! Anyare sa'yo?" Leni shake him up, but he's not responding. "Patay ka na ba?"

"Hmm" He muttered.

She exhaled in relief. "Tumayo ka nga dyan! Saan ka ba galing?!"

"Sorry." He murmured.

She frowned. "Are you drunk?!"

He put a thumbs up.

It made her blood boil. "Tumayo ka dyan Ferdinand! Don't make me say it twice!"

Bongbong clicked his tongue as he lazily get up.

"Go to the bathroom! Maglinis ka ng katawan!" She stipulated. "Parang bata!"

He went to the bathroom to take a hot shower.

Leni rolled her eyes, went to the bedroom leaving him unassisted.

After a few minutes, Leni was surprised again as the door swung opened revealing him. He was completely naked under that bath towel covering his lower torso.

She swallowed a lump on her throat. "What?!"

"I'll just get— uh — clothes." He pointed at the walk in closet.

She rolled her eyes as she stood up from the bed, leaving her book on the bedside table. "Ako na! Umupo ka dyan!"

He nodded. "Thanks, baba."

He walked towards the bed slowly, he was feeling dizzy so he just dropped himself into the bed. He just wanted to get some rest. He's been drinking since 7pm.

"Ferdinand!" Leni exclaimed as she went back with fresh set of clothes on her hands.

He was sleeping soundly.

"Ferdinand! Tumayo ka dyan! Magbihis ka nga!" She tapped his arm.

"Antok na ako, baba. Bukas nalang." He uttered, eyes closed.

"Well, you can't be here! This isn't your place. Dun ka sa labas." She was pissed.

He didn't bother to reply.

"At least magbihis ka man lang!" She said. "Ito na damit mo, tumayo ka na dyan!"

He didn't reply at all.

"Ferdinand!" She repeated. "Wala kang damit, ano ka ba!"

He clicked his tongue. "It's okay. Tayo lang naman nandito. Nakita mo naman na yan lahat."

Her eyes bulged. She can feel the heat on her face. "Alam mo ikaw—"

"Come on, let's sleep." He tapped the space beside him.

"Magbihis ka!" She insisted.

He sighed and lazily get up. He took off the towel that's been covering his body.