Chapter 1: Garreg Mach Monastery

Road to Garreg Mach Monastery, Fodlan, Imperial Year 1180

Alfonse woke up. He rubbed his forehead due to the pain he had. He tried to stand up, but a gentle hand pulled him down.

"Don't move." Camila, who had woken up before him said. "You still haven't recovered."

"Camila?" He looked at her in confusion.

"Yeah. It's me." She said, her brown eyes twinkling despite their dark shade.

"Where are we?" The Askran Prince looked around.

"Fodlan." That was the Summoner's answer. "We were sucked up in here by that mysterious portal during our fight with Ótr."

Alfonse shook his head in disbelief. He was still trying to figure out what was going on, but his memory wasn't cooperating. He was lucky he didn't have amnesia.

Suddenly, sunlight shone through the curtains of the carriage carrying the both of them. Alfonse had to cover his eyes because of the sunlight being bright.

Camila looked at the scenery infront of them.

"Here we are." She said. "Garreg Mach Monastery."

The blue and blond haired prince was amazed by how beautiful and huge Garreg Mach Monastery was. He usually saw it in text books or albums.

At their arrival, the two of them part ways with three students, who introduced themselves as Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude. Rhea looked up in disgust.

"Rhea's here." He mumbled.

Rhea, the teal haired woman standing on a balcony, looks down at Byleth and Beles.

"I see... So the Goddess' will has brought you here." She said to herself, despite referring to Byleth and Beles. Suddenly, she turns to see Camila and Alfonse. "Hm? Who... are they?"

Audience Chamber of Garreg Mach Monastery, Fodlan, Imperial Year 1180

"Can't believe I am brought back here." Jeralt mumbled. "To think I would see her again."

"You were here before?" Beles asked.

"Of course." The former 'captain' nodded. "I was knight here. And I always gave my reports to the Archbishop. Lady Rhea."

"Archbishop?" Byleth crossed his arms.

"The people of Fodlan has a wide belief in the Teachings of the Church of Seiros." The brown haired man explained. "The leader of that ridiculously large group is the Archbishop, Lady Rhea."

Footsteps are heard as Rhea and a dark haired man walked in.

"Apologies for the wait, Jeralt." The man said. "My name is Seteth. I am the advisor of the Archbishop."

"Ah. Right." Jeralt nodded. "Hello."

"It has been a long while, Jeralt." Rhea smiled. "I wonder... was it the Goddess' will that gave us the chance to meet again like this?"

"Forgive my silece fir all these years." The former knight shook his head. "A lot has happened."

The Archbishop turned to see Byleth and Beles.

"I see that the miracle of fatherhood has blessed you." She added. "These are your children, are they not?"

"Of course. Born many years after I left this place." Jeralt nodded. "I wish I could introduce you to the mother of my children, but I am afraid we lost her to illness."

Rhea's smile dropped upon hearing the news.

"I see... my deepest condolences..." The Archbishop nooded in comfort. She then turned to both teal haired mercenaries. "I heard of your valiant acts from Alois. What are your names?"